OMG Weeping with Joy Literally - my best post in 11 years on CD boards!

Mattsmom277

I posted last year about my baby sister tracking me down on facebook. She is only 12, a year older than my easy child. Anyhow, we've never met but we love each other very much and stay in touch online. Her life is a royal mess and heartbreaking and I have been hoping our bond and contact sheds some light on her. It's arranged if she gets taken back into foster care, she comes to me instead. yet we've never met!

So, it's my birthday today. And what a day to find out I get her from Dec. 27 until the 5th of January!!!!!!!

I can't stop crying. I've never been happier.

Mattsmom277

I want to say a miracle ;) but truly it was just how it played out. Her school district had the day off today (bad weather) and we chatted online. She's not had net access for a long time so we were catching up. I mentioned how I'd love if her mom let her come stay during holidays and she begged me to ask her mom. So her mom called me tonight, I asked, she jumped all over it. Saves babysitting while she works and really, she's a loose cannon. Sounded happy to unload her so to speak. Sounds like its possible she could even spend christmas here itself. But for now, the plan is in concrete that she comes on the 27 Dec until Jan 05. I'm sending a bus ticket, her mom will put her on there and I'll pick her up here.

We're still yacking on MSN and stuff. OMG! I get to go shopping for her! I can't wait!

Mattsmom277

Thanks :) Can you tell I'm thrilled? I"m about spilling over with all the emotions. It's the best thing I could have happen to me really :).

I was already hosting a family New Year's eve party here, alcohol free, lots of games with the parents vs kids etc. So it's wonderful she can be here with us for that too!!!!

She's pretty excited herself. Was bubbling over with questions about my house, what can we go do together, if she has fun can she come back on the spring break at school (OF COURSE !!!).

'Tis a beautiful thing for sure!

B

Bunny

That sounds wonderful!! I hope that everyone has a great time together.

Pam

Mattsmom277

I woke up today with pep in my step and tons of motivation to get the house in good order. Isn't it funny to care about impressing a 12 year old? lol

I'm already dizzy with wondering what to get her, making sleeping arrangements and a few plans to get out socially without taking away from private time with her.

easy child is such a sweetheart. She I guess figured in my excitement and the novelty that I'd be less "there" for her over our holidays. She said this morning that its "okay if you kind of ignore us all when Josie is here". And she truly meant it! What a kiddo! I told her that of course I'm thrilled to have her with us and my excitement is huge, but there will be no ignoring of anyone, period. That our traditions for holidays will be the same, just another kidlet in the mix to do all our favorite things with. She is pretty anxious to meet her aunt too. They will likely burn up MSN getting to know each other ahead of time which makes me happy.