OMG, When I get ahold of him I am going to

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Insert the verb of your choice. I don't think SO ever heard me say so may long drawn out eff words in rapid succession..

When I left this morning for an outing with SO, Danny said Mom, today I am going to pick up the carpet in the dining room so I can tile. Do you want me to take up the tile on the kitchen floor - I tell him no, I am not ready to tackle that yet.

I tell him Dan, if you start it, finish it...so when I came home tonight, I see that he has done it, and cleaned up as well.

I also see that he got on a roll, cause while he was at it, he removed the back of the kitchen cabinet (my sink counter faces the dining room) AND not stopping there, proceeds, while he was making the countertop "even" and taking out the breakfast bar, took off half my freaking tile on my countertop. OMG..........He is lucky he was not home and I am going to seriously hurt him when he DOES gets home....He had to have used a sledge hammer. There is absolutely no way to fix this mess- the tile was CEMENTED with like three inches of cement with wire meshing...

AUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG :nonono: :nonono:

I can hear it now - but you said you were going to get a new sink and countertop....(when will I ever learn not to mention anything that is open ended to a difficult child) ...its not even in the near future, or next year for that matter...

I swear I am just about to keel over right now. Someone just shoot me please and get it overwith...

Marcie

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so sorry. My only similar experience was when my dad decided to put a dishwasher in my house for Christmas. It was the one he took out of my mom's kitchen when they remodelled, but only a year old.

He had to raise the countertop. OK. He got stuff to do it. And he did the countertop. Then he did nothing for almost a month.

No water. from turkey day to Christmas. We at at his house. My mom was not happy. Esp not when 2 weeks after he did started the hole he put in the siding on the outside of the house (to get to something?????) came uncovered. And I had a house of mouse.

What does Susie's mom say when she sees a mouse??

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK

What does she say when Susie calls at 4 in the afternoon to say "I have a house full of mouses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why did dad cut a hole in my house???"

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK --GET MY GRANDBABY OUT OF THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK"

What did she say to Gpa????? Mouse!!! Babies House!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

And then, 2 weeks later I had a nicely fixed outer wall, but still no water in my kitchen.

So, on Christmas Eve I went in search of archaic plumbing parts and fixed my own plumbing. That was the Christmas my son crawled around the inlaws tree and looked up and said, "SH##! with a smile on his face.

So, did you at least chuckle? Grin a little teeny bit?

Now you can choke him with a smile on your face!

Hugs,

Susie (witness to many acts of difficult child remodelling done by brother. ps. drunken car repair is a very expensive hobby also!)

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
The conversation this morning turned out exactly like I thought. "Mom, calm down, you said you wanted to get a new countertop" Mom says, yes Dan, but NOW didn't even come out of my mouth. Dan says "Well, when were you going to do that, 2012???

Well, probably 2012 would have been a good time - I could have gotten some money out of my 401 K LOL Until then, am going up to Lowe's for a formica (ewww yuck) countertop as a stop gap measure so I am not looking at broken chunks of concrete - I may be able to get it done for under 250.00

Every hammer, screwdriver and sledgehammer will be safely locked away now.

Marcie

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
OMG Marcie. OMG. I don't care how good his intentions were. OMG, I'd kill him. OMG.

OMG.

omg.

Suz

rejectedmom

Sounds like something that couls easily happen here way too many stories to share but suffice it to say I totally understand your anger and frustration. Awwwwwww formica isn't so bad at least you can disinfect it. LOL. _RM

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
:smile:

OMG! I'd have killed him for sure! :grrr:

Being over helpful can be destructive at times. Goodness. Glad husband can make it better til you're ready to tile again.

(((hugs)))

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I had an idea. We are continually working on our house. If he feels the need to do this type of thing (and many things need torn apart in addition to fixing it) send him my way for a bit. No one else will help husband and I can't handle my back going out again. Win win situation. Ah well just a thought. You all are a bit far from us anyhow.

Beth

susiestar

Roll With It
Marcie,

You might check to see if the local habitat for Humanity has a ReStore. They sell used and closeout building materials. Our good sized cities all have one here in my state.

Pricing can vary from store to store (or item to item) as it is usually staffed by volunteers. I know the bigger city stores have some paid staff, but our town has none. The savings are generally wonderful. I have seen very long countertops go for very little $$. Savings of over 80% on some brand new ones the local hardware store/lumber yard couldn't sell.

Just a thought.

And the tale of The Christmas Dishwasher is true!!!

Susie

Marguerite

Hey, just a thought - surely he could use some help on the car? Maybe you could wash his engine for him? Clean out inside each cylinder with a strong detergent, maybe...

and don't forget to put the brake linings in to soak.

Marg

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Beth, trust me, I have no problem putting him on a plane at this point and shooting him over to Iowa - on a one way ticket so you will just have to find someone else who is remodeling when he is done at your house LOL

I should have known when I said laminate countertops would be an easy fix. Gotta love 60 tract homes - absolutely nothing is standard..sigh..how hard is it to make an L shaped cabinet the same size. The long part of the counter where demolition took place is 31 inches - laminate tile comes in at 30 inches wide, and the little part where my stove top is is 24 inches wide - couldn't even find a piece that small. Only way to do it is special order Sigh....

And Suzie, I believe you about your story - mice have a way of getting into open holes - I can verify that because now I have one or two wandering around my kitchen. They must have come in somehow from the garage..double sigh..

Marcie

meowbunny

Send him to Florida first. He can help me finish moving in, shouldn't take more than a week. Oh, how is he on painting? Then on to Iowa to help Beth with remodeling. Who wants him next?