OMGosh...up and down...now it is a maybe

buddy

The manager who showed me the first home, the one with the unfinished basement, and the lowest cost/could bring the dog...

Just called and said she knew that my income was too low but she had talked to the owner and they are pretty flexible. She really wanted it to work for Q (smile, ignorance is bliss, I suppose she imagines a cute little kid with autism, but she did say she was formerly a special needs educator so???).

She asked if I was still interested (I suspect after looking at others like it, the competition is too great, and if my instinct is right...two blocks away is subsidized housing which explains why just the other side of the busy street the rents go up a little. Even the subsidized housing is nice though (and full of course...but the units would be worse than where I am now anyway). There is no bad area in that suburb (everywhere has issues, but I mean compared to where I grew up, there were clear areas you would never walk in St. Paul or Mpls alone, etc...there is nothing like that where we currently live).

So, I am going to pray it does come through. I explained that my goal is to go back to teaching part time or subbing now that Q is in a solid placement...she liked that. Even if I can't teach, I can do something part time now that I dont get as many calls.... She also said they were interested in me because I'd sign a 2 year lease.

The two others are a little better as far as the apartments (the one just like this has a refrigerator that has a digital child lock, lol...yup have often wondered how I could do that!)...and the one I saw yesterday morning is huge, though very early 80's, but solid wood rails and a huge huge basement... ($150 more than the above) and the decision is all on the owner. He is an investor and has had it for a long time, doesn't plan to sell any of his many investments so that would feel more secure.

If all else fails, I toured a very nice, but teeny condo...two beds/one bath

AMENDMENT:::: JUST GOT THE CALL THAT THE OWNER APPROVED ME AND I GET IN TWO WEEKS BEFORE THIS HOUSE ENDS SO CAN TRANSITION AND AND AND....HOLY COW!

Thank you for all the prayers and well wishes, I fully believe that is what turned this around!

InsaneCdn

Let me see (as she pulls out her calendar)...
I figure that means that you are moving in 5 and a half weeks - sometime on or about July 17th?

So, you have 5 weeks to pack and then... it's DEE day!

pasajes4

I wish I could come help u move. It sounds lovely and exactly what u need. Totally needed to hear that someone got good news.

lovelyboy

Buddy...havent been around for a while....dont know the whole story, but sounds like things are working out better for you guys!
So glad you got good news!!!!!