On a lighter note ...

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by TerryJ2, Aug 18, 2008.

1. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

:rofl:I had a cpl of funny moments with-difficult child recently.

One happened when we had our chat on the front steps and I told him I want to be more aggressive about therapy and testing, and while I love Dr. R, I don't think he's making things happen fast enough, and that difficult child has to work harder.

difficult child said, "We need Dr. Phil."

I burst out laughing.

Today, I wrote a list of chores for difficult child. He ticked off ea item on the list as it was finished, but I thought it was strange that there was a filled dog dish in my bedroom for Taffy, one of our dogs.

difficult child said, "You wrote down that I should feed the dogs and surprise Taffy. So I hid a piece of bacon under her regular food and hid the dish upstairs.

ROFL! I had written, "Feed dogs and supervise Taffy."
    (Starbucks, the male, eats all his food and steals her food, and we have to separate them.)
  2. janebrain

janebrain New Member

Aww..I love that he tried to "surprise" Taffy! That is so darn cute!
  3. witzend

witzend Well-Known Member

At least he didn't run up behind her while she was eating and yell "BOO!"

4. Shari

Shari IsItFridayYet?

That's too cute.
  5. that is very cute.
  6. totoro

totoro Mom? What's a GFG?

Well if he did see Dr. Phil, with his obviously unique mind, he just might surprise him!!! Very original and cute.
  7. DazedandConfused

DazedandConfused Active Member

As exasperating our difficult children can be, they seem to have the capacity to be so darn cute and funny!

I burst out laughing with "suprising" the dog.
  8. trinityroyal

trinityroyal Well-Known Member

I love it when they're like this
  9. GottaLoveEm!

GottaLoveEm! Mom of 6

Thanks for the laugh I needed tonight. My theory is that you either laugh or you cry in life...sometimes the line between the two is very thin!

10. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

I'm still chuckling. Thanks.

Good one, Witz. :)
  11. klmno

klmno Active Member

This sounds like a great conversation and a sign that you can keep difficult child on board with things... thank goodness! I'm sure he's a great kid!
  12. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

I love it!
  13. Andy

Andy Active Member

:rofl: :cool_dog::whistle::1stapril:

Oh Taffy - time to eat!

:rofl: :rofl:
  14. amazeofgrace

amazeofgrace New Member

too cute, I know difficult child II would love a dog, but it's my parent's house and they say no way, I am lucky the pigs are here