On a more positive note.....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I rec'd a phone call from my neuro doctor yesterday (yes, a Saturady mid afternoon phone call from a neurologist!) afternoon.

He wanted to update me on some of the tests that had been run over the last few weeks.

He prefaced everything by saying this is a small gain, but a gain none the less.....

"The swelling in my brain has gone down! " :smile: Neuro doctor reiterated the fact that the decrease in swelling is quite small but it is a step in the right direction.

It's too early to ask what if & how much permanent damage there may be - that's a Mayo Clinic thing & they may not know. :crazy:

So - who would like to join me & my smaller brain in a glass of wine & celebration? :smile: :bravo: :princess: :dance:

wakeupcall

ME, ME, ME!!!!!! WOOHOOOOOOO!!!! Congratulations! We'll take ANY kind of improvement, right? I don't usually drink at 5:00 AM, but hey, this is worth it! POUR!!!

donna723

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Linda, that's WONDERFUL news! You're getting BETTER!

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Am not a wine drinker but will have a nice Cranberry Martini with you to celebrate that your brain has grown smaller - I can now add this to my list of strange things I have raised a glass to LOL

Marcie

Absolutely wonderful news, and my glass is raised (this glass has verrrry strong coffee) :smile:
Your smaller brain will fit right in with my smaller brain...

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
:smile: I know - toasting to a "smaller" brain is a bit off. And this is the report I had been waiting for - the result of almost 6 months of steroids & a probable 6 - 12 months more.

Thanks for helping me celebrate - helped me take my mind off my headache. :hammer: :rofl:

Star*

call 911........call 911
Okay Linda I think you are JUST asking too much!

I've had to live with a difficult child and a smaller brain for 17 years and before that I was married to a man with practically no brain -

But for you my friend - I shall toast for the first time IN MY LIFE to ...a smaller brain. JAVA UP! Actually if I could have one of those Sonic Java Chillers with carmel? I'd toast you twice -

VERY GOOD NEWS MY FRIEND -
HUGS
Star

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Who'd a thunk "pea-brain" would be a good thing.

I'm raising my glass! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs,
Suz :smile: