On Becoming a Tween

M

ML

One more definition for a difficult child entering into its tweens: They go from “I hate you” to “I f’n hate you”. Rough morning. Now he hates daycare. I think the problem is he only goes two days a week so it’s a transition-like event rather than one he goes to every day and gets used to. Yelling and anger finally gave way to utter cries of despair as we drove to the daycare parking lot. As soon as someone saw him and he realized he wasn’t alone in his drama, he put on his “other face” for the world. So now I’m utterly exhausted though he never saw me sweat.

idohope

I hear you. I never expected as a parent (long ago) to hear the f word coming out of my 10 year olds mouth. Dont get that ever from my easy child teenager.

Congrats that he never saw you sweat. Hope you get over the drained feeling soon. It is exhausting.

whatamess

Oh man, do I know that feeling. It amazes how all-encompassing the drama can be and then, poof, all is good for others.

graceupongrace

My difficult child managed to wait until he was nearly 16 before he started throwing that word around. But once he started, he made up for lost time. :mad:

shellyd67

OK so how do you all handle the f bomb being dropped by your difficult child's ?? I can let alot go and can ignore so much but I will wig out when that starts ! Please advise me now so I can prepare for that long road.... :confused:

P

PatriotsGirl

My difficult child managed to wait until he was nearly 16 before he started throwing that word around. But once he started, he made up for lost time. :mad:

Right?? Mine started late, too, but I think it comes out of her mouth every other word now. :(

DammitJanet

Mine started using the F bomb so much I have now started a swear word jar since he doesnt want Keyana to use potty words. LOL. I think I am going to fund a very nice vacation soon! She runs back and forth to his room as the "potty mouth police"!