On day 3 of no school

AppleCori

I think that is a good idea!

Is there something/someone at school in particular that makes her scared to go?

Does she hate PE or math or is it just generalized anxiety?

Do you have any homeschool groups in your area that she could socialize with while on homebound?

InsaneCdn

Not home-school... home-bound instruction.
This is ENTIRELY on the school's shoulders right now.
To get to this point in the year and the teachers didn't even know she had a 504?
They've ramped up her anxiety so high that... it's hard to find a way round it now.

GAAHHH!!!

{{hugs}}

StressedM0mma

Thanks IC. You are right. Home-bound. They will need to send someone to tutor her to make it through the year. She did ask to go back to counseling. So I jumped on that. I texted her counselor, and I am waiting to hear if she has an opening this week. She tried to go to school today, and we got there, and she started shaking, and crying. She got so upset she thought that she was going to throw up. (which is a huge trigger for her.) She got a good bit of work done at home today.

And she wants to try to go tomorrow. I am hoping for the best, but am prepared for her not to be able to go.

TerryJ2

Good distinction. I love this board.
I'm sorry, regardless, StressedMomma. I am so glad difficult child wants to go back to the counselor.

StressedM0mma

Thanks Bunny. I am hoping she will be able to go tomorrow as well. I knew it was getting abd when she wasn't sure she was going to go out to the barn to see her horse.

L

Liahona

I feel bad for your difficult child. She is trying over and over again. She really wants to go.

After the school really dropped the ball with her 504 they deserve to pay for an instructor for her. I hope they don't give you any problems over it.

I also hope difficult child can have some peace being instructed at home and isn't to hard on herself for not being able to go to school.

Anxiety disorder runs all through my family. Is her psychiatrist going to change her medications to try to help this? Is there anyone who can walk in with her? Now that they know about the 504 are they following it?

HaoZi

CD Hall of Fame
So is it all classes or a particular one? Can she pin it down for you? Or maybe a particular person?

StressedM0mma

It is all of the classes. It is walking in after being gone, and worrying about everyone looking at her. She feels like everyone is judging her. No school today either. husband hasn't left for work. He is going to try to take her.