On our way tomorrow to NC in a snowstorm

Nancy

It's been snowing for two straight days. Our roads are horrible and it's very cold. We have to pack up two vehicles today and head out tomorrow morning for NC to bring easy child down for student teaching for her last semester of college. At least she won't have to deal with our horrible winters.

We move her into her apartment on Wednesday, get the rental furniture delivered, cable and internet hooked up, banking done, grocery shopping and unpacked before we turn around and start back that evening because husband has a plane at 5 p.m. Thursday for a business trip. Hopefully we can get a few hours of driving in before stopping for the night and only have a few more Thursday. We didn't count on this snow.

Wish us luck that everything goes as planned.

Nancy

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Keeping fingers crossed the trip goes well. By the time you get to southern oh we don't have but a dusting of snow. Maybe that will help some?

Be careful.

Hugs

Fran

Former desparate mom
Hope the roads are safe for you. It's not a bad drive but the mountains are intimidating for me in snow. I am much more of a driving wimp with snow than I used to. It's about a 9 to 10 hr trip for me to Pittsburgh so I'm assuming it's about the same.
Fingers crossed for easy child and her student teaching. Hope she finds NC to be a lovely as I do.

DammitJanet

Nancy, the drive down is all interstate for you so it should be good driving. It used to be you had to take a few small roads through the mountains through West Va and Va into NC but now they have a super Interstate system.

It was exactly 10 hours from my house to your place but to where your dtr is going would cut off 2 hours approximately. Maybe 3.

Do beware, we are in a cold snap right now. Its 24 at my house right now...lol.

If you need anything, let me know.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Nancy, I hope you have a safe and uneventful trip. Let us know how it goes.

Suz

Nancy

Lisa that's good news. We have been checking weather.com all day and were worried when we saw snow showers all the way into virginia. We are leaving 18" of snow on the ground behind us.

Janet mapquest says it's 8 hrs 18 minutes. We take I-77 all the way into NC and then 7 and 220. I don't like driving through the mountains even in good weather. easy child's school superintendant already emailed her to tell her that their weather is unusually cold in Asheboro.

The dog has been boarded, cars packed, and we will leave early in the am so we can drive slowly and carefully. Thanks for the good wishes.

Nancy

Nancy

We made it but it snowed all thru wv. It was a tough nine hour trip and our cars look like giant salt blocks. It's just as cold here as ohio. Now for a long day of moving in and starting back home.

DammitJanet

Told you we were having a cold snap!

It isnt always this cold though. She will have shorter winters and longer summers. Spring is right around the corner!