On the other hand....

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
We saw Mr Pauper's Penguins last night, and it was funny!! lol :bigsmile:

(stating this to attempt to counter all my other negative posts! lol)

muttmeister

I remember that that was one of my favorite books when I was in grade school. It was laugh-out-loud funny: at least when I was a third grader. I've wondered about seeing the movie but was afraid I'd be disappointed. Maybe it's worth seeing after all. I do have the book lying on my to-be-read (again) pile.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I don't think I ever read the book, but it was a cutesy little movie. Lots of folks in the theatre laughed. Wee loved it. Nimrod, of course, was his fav.

muttmeister

Book is about 3rd grade level: Mr. Popper's Penguins by Richard and Florence Atwater...if you have kids from about 2nd to 5th grade, they'd probably love it. Would be good for both boys and girls. It was a Newberry Honor book back when.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I'll have to look for it. It might be good reading for our weekend away. Nice and light and comprehendable in a drunken stupor... j/k

DammitJanet

Since I lost my kidlet, I dont have one to take to see it. I did see that Winnie the Pooh is coming out soon so I am going to watch for that to come out on dvd and buy that. I bet both Keyana and the new baby will love that eventually. I loved the Pooh books.