on the road again

Steely

Well, I am off to see Matthew in ID. YAY!!!:D

However, I am dreading having to drive 3 hours, and then fly 3 hours to get there. Sigh. And then do that all over again Monday. I am seriously tired of the travel that has been packed into my last 2 months. I am also having a little PTSD about driving alone after my move up here that involved the care flight episode - and I have never driven to or been in the airport I am going to. Sometimes I wish I had a boyfriend. I am kinda sick of doing everything alone. (OK, a lot lately!).

I think I am just seriously tired. I had forgotten the true meaning of salaried. You certainly do not make any more money salaried, then an hourly job when you divide the number of hours worked by your pay!!! None the less, I am grateful for a job.

I have also stopped taking my Ambien due to a relocation/XR glitch - and it has truly come to my attention I must have a true sleep disorder. I never seem to go into NREM sleep. I dream all night long, usually nightmares, and I wake up appx every hour and a half. I do not want to go back on the Ambien, I want to decrease my medications - but I do not know if I can withstand the lack of true deep sleep - not to mention all of the incessant crazy dreaming. It has been 2 weeks since I stopped taking it, and my sleep pattern is still the same. Has anyone else experienced this?

Anyway - just wanted to check in and say hi. I will talk to you guys soon.

klmno

Hi, Steely!! It's good to hear from you. I'm glad you get to see M- I hope you two have a great visit, in spite of the PITA trip there and back. Are you making any potential friends at work? I'm thinking that instead of finding a boyfriend, (not that you can't do that too :D), but it's nice to have a regular friend to help out with some stuff like this. Maybe if you offer to help someone out when they are talking about an upcoming PITA event, you can asked them to help the next time you don't want to do something alone.

As far as sleep issues- yes, I have experienced the exact same thing you are talking about. It is worse when there is difficult child chaos or a recent transition. It takes a lot longer to get over it and sleep normally again after the event has long passed and everyone else is over it. Someetimes it is just unresolved issues resurfacing, I tend to think. I hope you find an answer and that this goes away. My guess is that as you get more settled in your new environment, it will ease up. I've never taken medications for it so I can't offer anything about that.

So how is the job going? Do you still like the new place you're living? Have the dogs adjusted well? Tell M his board Mom's are rooting for him. Any idea how much longer he'll be in there?