Once again...

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by timer lady, Apr 24, 2007.

1. timer lady

timer lady Queen of Hearts

kt went into a dissociative state - a total disconnect. However, she wasn't self harming as in the past. Crisis team was called & showed up in record time.

kt kept screaming "It" in her head was taking over. "It" won't let me go - "It"s hurting me. "It" won't let me go.

The crisis team came in & helped us get kt's PRN medications into her & waited here until kt came back to us. We had a long wait but there wasn't the need for an ER visit.

We have a therapist appointment the day after tomorrow - I'll call him tomorrow & let him know what has happened. psychiatrist will be informed as well.

Today is done - I expect kt to fall asleep soon. She can hardly keep her eyes open.

2. busywend

busywend Well-Known Member Staff Member

Ugh! What prompted it? Anything in particular?

3. Sunlight

Sunlight Active Member

sigh, I am sure you are exhausted from dealing with things. ((HUGS))

4. rejectedmom

rejectedmom New Member

I'm so sorry. You muct be exhausted also. -RM

5. Loris

Loris New Member

I'm so sorry. I do hope she falls asleep and things are better for her tomorrow.

6. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

Glad the crisis team was on it's toes and you were able to avoid a trip to the ER.

Hugs

7. flutterbee

flutterbee Guest

That sounds scary. Poor ktbug. I know you've said that you've never been able to identify a trigger. Do the psychiatrist or therapist have any ideas on how to address these episodes other than the PRN medications when a trigger cannot be identified? I know it can be something that seems pretty benign...a color, a sound, a smell. Especially when you're dealing with a kid who suffered abuse when she was preverbal.

{{{HUGS}}}}

8. timer lady

It's the preverbal part that makes this so very hard. Again tonight there wasn't a trigger that any of us could identify.

Thank you all - ktbug is sound asleep. Down for the count.

9. oceans

oceans New Member

Wow- that sounds scary! I am glad that she is doing better now. That was great that a trip to the er was not needed.

10. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

I'm sorry. The good is that crisis team arrived right away and a trip to the ER was avoided. Also good that there was no self harming behaviors.

Praying for a better day tomorrow. Hugs.

11. Stella Johnson

Stella Johnson Active Member

Poor baby. :sad:

steph

12. Martie

Martie Moderator

I hope this set-back is brief.

Get some rest yourself.

Martie

13. Big Bad Kitty

Big Bad Kitty lolcat

Aw, my heart is just breaking for her.

I pray that you got some much needed rest. (((((hugs)))))

14. SearchingForRainbows

SearchingForRainbows Active Member

Linda,

How is kt doing today? I've been away for awhile and haven't had a chance to get totally caught up here yet.

I can't even begin to imagine how difficult all of this must be for you, kt, and husband. My heart goes out to you... I hope today is a better day!!! WFEN

15. timer lady

kt had a rough afternoon as well. While crisis team didn't have to come out today she had a rough transition from school to home.

We have a therapist appointment tomorrow afternoon - I've called ahead to let him know of the lability & episodes of dissociation.

therapist has been working on a crisis plan for in home help to follow; he's also been working with kt on becoming more "self aware" of triggers & trying to get her to put words to those triggers/anxieties.

Here's to a new day!

16. SearchingForRainbows

SearchingForRainbows Active Member

I'm sorry kt had a rough time this afternoon too. It sounds as though therapist is on top of things.

I hope the therapist appointment tomorrow goes well. As I always say, things are always subject to change... I'm with you - Tomorrow is a new day...

I'll be thinking of kt, you and husband and hoping tonight goes smoothly... I'll be looking for an update tomorrow. WFEN