One Broom, Two Brooms, Three Brooms, Four...

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Just kidding. Still just two of them.

But I thought I'd let you know they ARE still out there, even tho I've been too blankin' busy to talk about them.

But here's some recent highlights.

husband and easy child 1 went fishing. They were late coming home. Two Brooms called to see if I'd heard from them. Then she was making small talk about difficult child and school (what little she knows about the situation). In the middle of my sentence she said "Oh, husband is calling" and hung up on me to take his call and never called back. Not that I really care, but really...and I'm supposed to beleive that you care about me? Nice fake job...not.

easy child 2 ran out of hair conditioner at her mom's. She called me one night and told me her mom wouldn't buy it for her (we got her hair straightened for Christmas since it had been TWO YEARS (no kidding) since she'd even had a trim), almost in a panic because she was OUT and the salon lady told her she really needed to use it cause her hair is thin and dry. So the next night I make a crazy trip to the salon (in town, where she lives, and where her mom gets off work at least a full hour before I do, and where grandma, who does everything else for her, lives and does not work....) to buy two $2 bottles of conditioner for easy child 2, cause One Broom won't. O. M. G. How petty can we be.

Oh. On that note, we also had to run to town to give easy child 2 money for her school pizza party that mom wouldn't give her money for (money was supposed to be turned in on Wed. easy child comes to our house on Wed night AFTER school. But WE could take care of it...)

And the best...

got an email yesterday from One Broom at 4:45, which was IMMEDIATELY after she got home from work. easy child 2 wasn't even home yet. The email said easy child 2 had come home from school Friday upset cause she heard husband and I were splitting up. She was really upset and we needed to talk to her about it.

Um. Ok. If she was so upset, why are we just finding out FOUR DAYS LATER, AFTER she gets home from work, BEFORE she's even seen easy child yet that day... slightly odd thing for her to rush home and say.

My guess is either easy child 2 has seen me sleeping in my chair and husband taking her to school (its usually me) as a bad thing (I've been sick) and asked a fellow 'tween for their thoughts, OR One Broom has caught wind (probably via Two Brooms, who visits there "behind our backs" even tho we know and tell her its fine) that husband has been out and about a lot without me and she's fishing. My guess is the fishing.

But its all good. After we talk to easy child 2, I'm going to email her and explain that I've been sick, so husband has been picking up a lot of the slack with the house and kids (its true...somewhat anyway). It'll explain the situation. (and there's the bonus that she gets extremely ticked off when she thinks husband does things for me that he didn't do for her (hey, this is her problem, not mine - but I gotta put up with her carp, so I'm gonna take what I can get from it!))

So anyway, there's the latest from the closet.

Oh, and Two Brooms got a letter from ExBIL's parents. She sent them a "fishing" letter at Christmas and they finally replied with a four page letter back.

And not once in those four pages did they make mention of exBIL, his daughter, his new wife, or his new baby. LOL I spoke with his wife today and she brought it up. Excluding all that was very intentional and she thinks its hysterical. LOL I'm not the only one!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Shari I honestly don't know how you keep up with it all. I'd be dizzy. sheesh!

Hope you're feeling better.

Hugs

Marguerite

ExBIL & wife sound like they've got the situation well sussed. It's also vindication for you, knowing that it's not just you, it's not personal, it's them and the weird attitude they have towards the rest of the world.

Very frustrating. Just remember - "nil bastardi carborundum." In other words, don't let 'em grind you down.

Marg

M

ML

I think it's amazing how you rise above all the muck and come through for the kids every time. My hat's off to you Shari! xo

crazymama30

Sounds kinda like husband's step mom's family. I steer clear of them, thank god I can. I do not know how you deal with them as well as you do.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I think you should trade one broom in for a Swiffer. :tongue: - when she fills up with carp - you just replace the dirty thing with a clean one.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
There are times I consider trading in husband for something with more usefull junk in the broom closet....a swiffer would be good.

Seriously, I get thru it with people like you guys and exBIL. I will literally be in the midst of some stupid mother in law drama and will be saying to myself "wait til I tell the board THIS one!" (its lame, but it works!)