One expensive pie and 2 priceless smiles

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Two Brooms called and invited us to eat leftovers at her house last night. Normally, I jump at the chance to not cook. Last night, I'd have cooked a 5 course meal for 22 before I'd have gone out there. I offered to bring the kids (we had easy child 2 last night), but they declined, too. So we stayed home and ate spagetti.
Then wee difficult child and easy child 2 got to discussing difficult child 1. We decided to do something really, really stupid. We baked him his favorite pumpkin pie, buttermilk biscuits, and made and canned a small batch of grape jelly.
This morning, we smooshed it all in a box, stuffed it tightly with bubble wrap and paper, and air mailed it to him in CA. That's one expensive pie.
No idea if it will make it, but three smiling people enjoyed the heck out of trying, and it made our souls feel good.
THAT'S the spirit of family I want to create.
(and I almost miss difficult child 1)

Star*

call 911........call 911
well goody goody gumdrops for you difficult child 1 -

WHERE IS MY PIE and homemade preserves? HUH? Do you EVER stop to think about me? Nope. I'm just sitting here pieless and grapejellyless, and biscuitless....

I think what you did was phenominal Shari - (you know avoiding dinner with 2brooms) lol

OH go on.....

I'm sure difficult child 1 will be totally freaked ! GOOD JOB MOM - LOVE the atmosphere there!
:peaceful:

Star*

call 911........call 911
Please send pics. Iffin he's kinda greyish brown, with a set of long ears, and little Maybelline white eye shadow and brays.....

IWANNIM....(points to patch of dirt in front yard) here. lol

and...

a biscuit.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
They laughed at us packing a pie in a box.

What will they say when I walk in with this...

$$$$-Cha-ching-$$$$$

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
That is great! I hope the pie makes it!
And Star* you had better watch it.
Next thing you know all of the people on the card list will be packing you up pies and a card!!! 30 something pies showing up at Star's and a pony with mascara! Named - "Biscuit"

Star*

call 911........call 911
Jelly???????????????

I AM GETTING TWO PONIES????

Biscuit the mule and Jelly the pony

You guyz is the best!

Andy

Merry Christmas Star - Dreams do come true - let us know when yours arrive.

Shari, difficult child I will love the package. He will be totally surprised. After he gets it, call him up and give him Star's address. He can share a meal with her and check out her pies and newest pets.

(oh, and if you forget to send Star her biscuits, just tell her the pony ate them.)

mstang67chic

Going Green
But....but....Starrrrrrrrrrrr......................you need a..................(you HAD to know this was coming).....................................

DRAGON!!!!