One for Fans of Hugh Laurie (House)

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Marg's Man, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Marg's Man

Marg's Man Member

;)The LolCats site is a great source fun but it also has a sub-site for Celebrities.

I just found this gem that I had to share

2. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

3. donna723

donna723 Well-Known Member

OMG! Is that HIM???

4. Marg's Man

Marg's Man Member

He played a V-E-R-Y gay and stupid Prince of Wales against Rowan Atkinson in an early "Black Adder" series about 10 (15?) years ago.
  5. Suz

Suz (the future) MRS. GERE

I always do a double take when I see him in (Emma Thompson's) "Sense and Sensibility."

I heard he had his start in comedy. Your picture seems to confirm that. lol!

6. trinityroyal

trinityroyal Well-Known Member

Oooooh. I LOVED Black Adder!

And Suz, Hugh Laurie was simply brilliant playing Bertie Wooster in the series Jeeves and Wooster. Here's a snippet:
    [ame=""]YouTube- Hugh Laurie ~ Jeeves & Wooster *Minnie the Moocher*[/ame]

7. timer lady

timer lady Queen of Hearts

OMG, I love Black Adder - didn't make the connection given it was a long time ago.
  8. witzend

witzend Well-Known Member

I see the Minnie the Moocher video from before he was in the Black Adder series. It's a set of series of PG Wodehouse' "Jeeves and Wooster" stories. Laurie played "Bertie Wooster", the hapless aristroctrat constantly chased by debutantes, with Jeeves, the brilliant butler getting the silly monied master out of trouble. It's brilliantly funny! House is altogether out of character of everything I've ever seen him do.

by the way, the Minnie the Moocher is my favorite, but there were musical numbers that were just as silly in most of the shows.
  9. trinityroyal

trinityroyal Well-Known Member

Witz, the Minnie the Moocher is my favourite too.
    (Tee dee hee dee hee, Sir)

Here's another one, almost as silly.
    [ame=""]YouTube- Jeeves&Wooster Nagasaki[/ame]

I'm going to poke around and see if I can find the 47 Ginger Headed Sailors episode, which was truly a thing of brilliance.

10. Star*

Star* call 911

And lest we forget ........

101 Dalmations, Stuart Little.......ahhhh he's still the Bomb....

Thanks Marg... I love him and DF can't STAND him. I think this will be a rainy day - neener for DF. :tongue:
  11. Suz

Suz (the future) MRS. GERE

Trinity, thanks for the videos. Too funny. He's much better looking now than he was then. The double standard of aging is alive and well with Hugh Laurie. :)

12. Marguerite

Marguerite Active Member

Star, don't thank me, it was my ever-lovin' other half who posted this. I've only just found it.

I introduced him to this site and now I've created a monster...