One for Fran ...

donna723

FRENCH BULLDOGS! This was too cute not to share!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG1hS8fyevA"]YouTube - ☆フレンチブルドッグ「チャイ」VS カブトムシ☆[/ame]

A Frenchie puppy is playing with a giant Japanese beetle and it ends up latching on to the puppy! The mama dog seems to be fascinated with it but grossed out and a little afraid of it too as she very carefully tries to get it off of her puppy! Then watch what the puppy does ... just like a kid! :D

donna723

Well, that looks like some weird alien language there! Try:

youtube.com/watch?v=DG1hS8fyevA

... just put www. in front of it. If you still can't get it, I'll try something else.

donna723

I thought it was sooo cute, and just like a kid! The mama dog goes through all of that to get the giant bug off of her baby and the baby goes right back and gets the bug stuck to it again! :D

Lothlorien

Oooooh, OOOOOh, I just have to share. (cute video, by the way). Don't mean to hijack your thread, but this made me think of this morning.

I have never seen a French Bulldog before, but I was at the vet for a check for my dog and while I was in with the vet, I hear this strange squealing that sort of sounded like a cat, but not. So I ask the vet what the noise was and he told me that they gave a C-section to a French Bulldog and the noise was one of the puppies. OOOOOOH, let me tell you....THE. CUTEST. THING. I. HAVE. EVER. SEEN!!! The tech was on the other side of the door with a little bottle(nipple-thingie) and the puppy was squealing to get it. SO STINKIN CUTE!

donna723

French bulldogs are a lot like English bulldogs and Bostons in that they almost always have to have a C-section to have their babies. They are bred to have big heads and shoulders and small back ends, so as a result they can't usually deliver those big-headed babies without surgical help.

They take a little extra care too, like English bulldogs and Bostons do - they can have breathing problems and they can overheat very easily. Strictly indoor air conditioning kinda guys. I think Frenchies are so darned cute though! They're built like fire hydrants! They come in all different colors too. Some are black and white and marked like Bostons, some are this buff color, some are brown, some are solid white or solid black. I remember my son coming home from work one day and telling me that a lady had come in to their store carrying a funny looking solid white Boston with big ears!" I showed him a picture of a Frenchie and he said, "Yeah! It looked just like that!" ;)

Lothlorien

This one was white with black markings. It was just adorable. The vet told me that they have to have C-sections because of the size of their heads.

Wonder if the breed didn't exist prior to c-sections becoming a real medical practice.

Don't shoot me, but from Boston owners, I've heard they aren't the brightest dog in the world. Are French Bulldogs the same?

donna723

They vary just like people and maybe you just met someone who had a Boston that wasn't particularly smart, but most of them are extremely bright! That's one thing that makes them so much fun! They develop a really close bond with their people and it doesn't take very long before they understand every word you say to them. Most of them are very high-energy and they can be goofy little clowns, but they're also very clever.

I've never had a Frenchie, but from what I understand, they are also very smart but maybe not quite as hyper and high-energy as a Boston, a little more laid back.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Awwww, how adorable. Mom's are the same no matter the species. We go to the mat for our kids. Of course, our difficult child's have to go back and start it over again.

Thanks Donna. I love those little guys. I have seen a total black one down the street. Very cute. The one I fell in love with was in Obedience training. He was buff. He was unbelievably personable and cute. You could just swoop him up and take him home. He seemed very bright but I don't know much about the breed.

No I don't have a french bull dog. My house is pretty full with the three horses that take up my kitchen floor. Someday if timing is right, I may get one.

Donna, how do you find this stuff?