One month today of no smoking AND the second....

VLong

ultrasound came back of my granddaughter and there is no longer any cyst on her brain!!! :smile:

I haven't had a cigarette since November 3 and I feel wonderful! :dance: I did take the Chantix for the 3 months it was prescribed, but by the end I was down to 3 or 4 cigarettes a day and just decided to see how long I could go without having one and I'm up to a month! No real cravings for one, but I am chewing gum like crazy!!!

Anyway, the baby is growing and is healthy! They moved Ashley's due date back to Jan. 6 from the 1st, but I still think she'll be early. I have 3 of the ultrasound pics on my fridge. Two are in 3D and one is just of her profile. She is adorable and I am totally in love already!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Oh Wow! Wonderful news all the way around!!!

WoooooHooooo!!!!!

:bravo: :smile: :princess: :dance: :xmasdancers:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I haven't had a cigarette since November 3 and I feel wonderful! </div></div>

Good for you! :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

And such good news about your grandbaby---YAY!!!

Suz

FANTASTIC news about the baby.

And way to go on the no smoking. Girl, If ME, the LOCOMOTIVE SMOKER can do it (no smoking in six months!) then YOU can do it.

Way To Go!!

That's wonderful news about the baby. :smile:

I stopped smoking too. It's only been a week for me, and I am using a patch, so we'll see what happens. The good news is that this time, husband has cut way down, too.

So, maybe we really WILL be able to stay away from cigarettes this time.

It's always good to hear about someone else who has done it successfully.

Did you have nightmares or any other weird experiences with the Chantix, I wonder?

husband has a prescription, but we have been hearing horror story after horror story about it ~ things like horrible nightmares and suicidal ideation.

Nothing like that, for you?

I will have to tell husband about that.

Barbara

VLong

Barbara,

Not one side effect, except for some strange dreams. Nothing horrible, just very, very strange. I have insomnia anyway, but the Chantix didn't make it any worse. And now that I haven't been on the Chantix for almost two weeks I am craving sweets, but that is probably just the hormones going insane!!!

Really though, I didn't have any of the horrible stuff being said about it. I had to smile though...one day, Justin called me to warn me about what awful things could happen by my being on it :). This from a child who, not even two years ago, hated with a passion his family, with me at the top of the list. Funny what maturity (and a baby due in 4 weeks) will do!

I felt completely normal on the medication and will be forever grateful to my Dr. for prescribing it to me and my insurance for covering it!

Vicki