one more thing ... since when does pot make your vision improve?

TerryJ2

For the backstory, see "When the cat's away ... "

So, difficult child said that weed made his vision better. We said, "So you DO need glasses! That's valuable information!"

Not what he expected to hear ...

keista

I've got some vague recollection/connection going on with glaucoma?

He only thinks it got better because he saw stuff he doesn't usually see. lol

TerryJ2

LOL!!
Yes, he does have glaucoma. He's been using Xalatan drops for many yrs.
I will ask the eye dr ... in private, of course. :)

InsaneCdn

Besides THAT part of it...
The brain is a funny thing. There can be problems with the "input" side of things, but there can also be problems with the "processing" side of things. Vision is no different than hearing or other "perceptive" systems.
If there's too much brain-fog, the processing systems are bouncing all over the place, and stuff gets missed, or mis-placed, or scrambled.

And... MJ is one of the substances known to be used for self-medicating ADHD...

Hmmm...
Maybe he isn't quite so stupid after all... as in, recognizing his own problems - now he needs a REAL solution (other than MJ)

susiestar

Roll With It
pot does help decrease intraocular pressure in glaucoma patients, but it is temporary, harder to control that medications are, and pot does a lot of other things the eye drops don't. but t very weel could have mede his vision better, at least for a while. This could be a sign he needs his eyes checke and his medications weeaked.

TerryJ2

now he needs a REAL solution (other than MJ)

Absolutely.

And we don't need to tweak his eye drop medications. He just needs to TAKE them on a consistent basis!

The other medications, yes, they do need tweaking.

DammitJanet

MJ does help very well with glaucoma. It was one of the first things that is was prescribed for. It also helps with nausea.

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
hmmm that's right up there with "Jesus smoked pot, it's in the Bible", now I am not sure which bible difficult child I was reading but it's not in mine LOL

susiestar

Roll With It
Actually mj HAS been PROVEN to help glaucoma, only the positive benefits don't last very long. eyedrops last far far longer than mj does, which is one reason it is not commonly rx'd for that unless you are one of the very very very few who are not able to tolerate or get benefits from the drops - and do get benefits from mj. but most who don't get help from drops don't get help from pot either, and you have to pretty much stay stoned to have any real benefits. the up and down of the pressure in the eye is actually thought to be worse than the untreated glaucoma. i had a great aunt with the disease and while she didn't want to get high, she DID want the best treatment for her disease so as to preserve the ability to read for as long as possible. So we helped her research every possible treatment option. I spent hours reading medical journal articles about glaucoma treatments at the university library to help.

TerryJ2

Amazed, ROFL!!!

Susie, interesting. So sorry about your grandmother, but it seems she had some success. Thank you. :)