One more thing.....well, maybe not one

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
As many of you know I spent a lot of time this year in my yard, my zen, healing place for me after husband died.

Three, count them, three times my walker brake gave way & it went careening down the hill & into the street. I could not figure out a way to get down to get it. My neighbor across the street rescued me 3x & then said he was taking my walker in for repair "his treat". (Steve & Tom were constantly talking computers & guitars; spent time playing guitar together & talked of setting up recording equipment).

The brakes work wonderfully. Tom & his wife run a group home for daughter adults & does a wonderful job. They are good people. The other night Tom is knocking on my back door with a bag of tomatoes from his garden & a note with his & wife's full name, address & phone number in case I need help.

It's a good feeling to find good & giving people in this world. I'm baking cookies for them & taking them over this afternoon. (It's a longer walk thru my garage & down the alley but there are no hills or steps to deal with.)

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ah, Linda. Good friends are priceless. Embrace their help and enjoy their company. There are still good people on this Earth.

Abbey

witzend

I'm so glad to hear that you are connecting with your neighbors! It must give you piece of mind to know that there is someone there when you need them in an emergency, or just to say hello to.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Watch those brakes. mother in law had a walker like yours.......she also had issues with the brakes. Otherwise.....she loved it so much we had a really hard time getting her to give it up. And they are really nice.

So nice to have helpful neighbors who care. :D Sort of gives one hope for this tired ol' world.

Hugs

Mattsmom277

How lovely to know you have great neighbors who would be there at drop of a hat if you need them. Truly priceless!
I have a neighbor like that. If she notices me walking with difficulty, you can bet your boots she is over that night with cookies, muffins, bakery bread, a coffee from my favorite shop, a stack of magazines or books she's finished with, just a little something to cheer me and to give her a reason to knock on my door to check in with me. Shes worth her weight in gold. I dogsit in return when she is away, and I would do it daily if she needed it. She's a gem
I'm glad you found gems too :)

Star*

call 911........call 911
I have some things that could be swapped for cookies.....:tongue:

It's a lovely thing to know that there are people watching over a person that I care about and love very much but am too far away to do anything for other than tell her I love and care about her. ;)

Give them my cookies - no....really - give them ALL my cookies - thank from me. :laugh: it's the least I can do. :confused:

Hugs & Love Star -