One more week til Court BAD UPDATE!

DDD

I have reason to believe that next Wednesday "may" be the day he
finally gets out. The Neuro/psychiatric report is back and both easy child/difficult child
and I have hard copies of it. There is a detailed analysis of the deficits that resulted from his brain damage. Only complete
cruel idiots would keep him in jail OR on probation. Truthfully
reading it all in black and white has me nauseus and fearful for
the future. I'll just have to take it one day at a time.

Meanwhile......please pray or do a magic trick or a flabby dance
:rofl: or something, lol, that a week from today I have my kid
home where he belongs. DDD

lovemysons

Lol about the "flabby dance"...I'll say a prayer that your grandson/easy child difficult child is let out and back at home where he belongs soon.

Love to you and yours,
lovemysons

DDD

Robby you look so lovely dancing...much better than some of our
friends who naked chicken liver dances and such! :rofl:

Thanks for the support. DDD

Coookie

Why thank you maam.. :bigsmile: You don't want to see me naked and I hate chicken livers............ :wink: :rofl: :rofl: But I betcha Star looks as cute as can be... :rofl: :rofl:

DammitJanet

Well if flabby and dancing will work to get him out, then I am your woman!

Well...I dont know if what I do can really be called dancing though. I really do more of a mean flabby chair dance routine. I hope that works.

meowbunny

I can definitely do the flabby nekkid dance. So will do so (as long as I can drape all mirrors and anything else that reflects) just for you.

DDD do remember that the medical report will deliberately be worst-case scenario in order to get court to show some sympathy.

HUGS

(Have marked calendar to do flabby nekkid dance Wednesday morning at 6:30 am.)

Ephchap

Well, my friend, for you - okay, a naked flabby dance you want? You got it ... well, I need at least a little covering! :hawaii_girl:

I was thinking just what MeowB said ... that they are going to embelish or make things sound extreme in the medical report, because they are trying to make a point. It's like the old days when I'd be calling everywhere and knocking on every door to get my difficult child help for his drugging and psychiatric problems. You'd give them worst case scenario because you wanted to make them realize how much he needed help.

I'll be dancing, but also sending mega hugs and prayers that things go well. I'll be there with you, sitting on your shoulders in the courtroom.

Hugs,
Deb

DDD

The SAO is offering release and return to probationary status
(which the experts say he can't comprehend) OR 1 year plus 1 day
so he will have to go to prison.

Sick.
DDD

meowbunny

Oh no! I don't know what to say. Since the choice is a felony conviction or probation, I wonder if the probation could be very specific -- something your grandson could truly have a chance of succeeding with?

Why is it so hard today to get true justice for anyone with a mental illness? Prison helps them not at all except giving them a roof and 3 squares for a certain amount of time. Some truly can't do probation -- it is impossible for them. I hope things go better in court. HUGS

meowbunny

Oh no! I don't know what to say. Since the choice is a felony conviction or probation, I wonder if the probation could be very specific -- something your grandson could truly have a chance of succeeding with?

Why is it so hard today to get true justice for anyone with a mental illness? Prison helps them not at all except giving them a roof and 3 squares for a certain amount of time. Some truly can't do probation -- it is impossible for them. I hope things go better in court. HUGS

DDD

They already convicted him of the felony last year....by telling
him that he could "go home" if he just said he was guilty of a
VOP. He wanted to "come home" and they didn't give him a chance
to talk to me. So he "came home" and is a registered felon.

Now, they want to send him to prison because a policeman took
him to jail for a couple of hours because he "appeared" to be
inebriated. No test. Nothing. He's been in jail since July
because I have him convinced not to say he's guilty to come home
this time.

I am so ANGRY. The complete Neuro/psychiatric exam (which the prosecuting attorney and public defender have) states that his
brain damage is so severe that his IQ has dropped over 40 points
and his memory is ranked at .123 of the entire adult population.

How to H does it make sense to send him to prison?????? It doesn't. The Dr. stipulates that while he may comprehend something at one time...he may not recall it at all in a few
minutes. Geez!

The PD and SAO say that since the Dr. says easy child/difficult child is "sane" that
he can't be judged incompetent to make choices. I have written
to the Judge recapping this nightmare and stipulating that people
with Traumatic Brain Injury do not become "insane"...they become
disabled. DDD

Coookie

DDD,

It just makes absolutely no sense to me! :frown: Insane and brain injury are two totally separate things. :frown: I know you know this but I had to say it. :frown: Do you remember the boat we used to have? When one of us was battle weary, war torn, at the end of our strength we would all get in the boat with that person and the rest of us would row... remember?

Well I'm rowing for you. I can hear the weariness in your thread and I am so sorry. :frown:

Sending gentle hugs and praying that the judge will do the right thing.

Ephchap

Coookie (first of all, welcome back, girlfriend!) - hand me an oar. I'll help you row.

DDD, OMG. I don't even know what to say ?!?!? I can't comprehend why they are so he## bent on sending your grandson to prison. Is there any way the attorney can get the thing thrown out - "appeared to be intoxicated" ??? They have no proof, therefore, no charge ? Any chance he can get that charge thrown out?

I can understand why you are just beside yourself with anger and worry. I'm shaking my head at the stupidity of a system that does not understand that he has a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), but can keep him in jail on "appearing to be" intoxicated. It's sad, indeed.

Robby and I will row for a while. Let's put our collective heads together and see if we can figure something out that would help.

Meanwhile, rest up. We're here.
Mega hugs,
Deb

susiestar

Roll With It
I'll take my turn rowing!! This really sounds like it needs an investigative journalist doing some research adn going on TV. Here we have "In Your Corner", surely other tv stations have similar things. MAybe with enough public pressure we could get a change? These people are just idiots and cruel.

Praying,

Susie

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I was also thinking that once he is released you need to seriously consider moving....or having HIM move somewhere else.

much better than some of our
friends who naked chicken liver dances and such!

:bag: Oh no! :bag:

YIKES- I look THAT bad???? :9-07tears:

Well, for you, I will do the naked chicken liver dance under this bag. Hopefully the *power* of the dance won't be diluted. :bag:

Hugs,
Suz