One more week til Court BAD UPDATE!

DDD

Tonight easy child/difficult child tells me that if he has to make a choice between a year and a day (prison...which would be approximately 90 days) or reinstatement of probation he is going to take reinstatement
of probation AND THEN earn the money to hire an attorney to get
his probation term shortened.

This whole thing is like Twilight Zone. DDD

PS: We can not move as we have to keep our business open to pay for his medications etc. since he no longer has insurance for health
care (no college..no coverage from GFGmoms group). I don't know
how we can "send him away" because he isn't capable of making good choices on his own due to his impulsivity and memory deficits. The only positive financial thing is that the Neuro/
psychiatric says take him straight to SS and sign him up for disability
AND give the people the name of the Neuro/psychiatric as he does lots of testing and approvals for them. We just refinanced the house
to have money for the unavoidable expenses. Yikes!

meowbunny

Given that he already has the felony conviction and time served, any way you can convince him to take the jail time? I know that sounds awful but since there is no way he can survive probation, this really sounds like his best alternative.

How sad that we have to make choices like this for people with certifiable illnesses. It just makes me sick! I'm so very, very sorry.

:thumbsdown::9-07tears:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
open to pay for his medications etc. since he no longer has insurance for health

D3, doesn't he qualify for disability for this? Rob was eligible for medical assistance and it was not based on our income, it was based on his disability. Surely he is considered "disabled" from his Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), isn't he?

I'm just horrified that you are having to worry about paying for his medications. What would he do if you weren't around? THAT'S what I'd be researching.

Hugs,
Suz

DammitJanet

Get him on disability DDD. You need to do this for his future. I wish there was something else I could think of to say. Sigh.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Ah HA - and you were thinking I didn't have any Scotch - tape.

I got yer livers, I taped em to my elbows, Ima waitin on the full moon and I'll be a dancin' niked in the pale moon light, scaring the bejeezers out of any passers by.

ALL IN THE NAME oF RELEASE THE difficult child/easy child child -

oohgah chaka ooga chakka

Steely

Just wanted to send huge hugs, and let you know you and your son are in my prayers. I wish I had words of wisdom........only strength I am sending. So sorry.
:not_fair:

SunnyFlorida

I'll also row for a while I'll join in on the flabby dance as well. Not sure where those little icons went to? Can't seem to see them.

Oh well.....Thinking of you and I'll be on your shoulder as well on Wednesday.

DDD

Just a quick note to say thanks, again. Also to let you all know that it is not legally possible to apply for disability if you are incarcerated. He has been locked up since July so...I have to pay for his medications and care from when he finally comes home until disability is approved.

I am angry. I am as prepared as I can be for Court. I am frightened that he would be in jeopardy mixed in with unknown young men from all around the State even for 90 days. Since his memory is certifiably lower than over 90% of the population, in unfamiliar places with strangers he may be right that it would be too dangerous. Plus...since his brain surgery he sleeps so soundly that he's hard to awaken. Not a good thing in a prison setting where you don't have familiar people to cover your back.

Anyway, keep dancing, praying, chanting etc. I just finished off my Cutty bottle in hopes that he will be home Wednesday. I'll go back on Lexapro
so there's no temptation in the cabinet for him. on the other hand, I do understand that I can not stop him from making poor choices once he's home. I also understand that I can not control "the system" even if it is :censored2: up!!

Night. DDD

DiC

DDD, just got back on with all the new changes and getting caught up. Prayers for you and naked flabby dance :cutie_pie:

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
DDD, can you not go to the media to bring his story to light - I know there are watchdog groups out there who will take up a persons case and go to bat for them when the system has failed them miserably..

Mega hugs
Marcie