One of his teachers is going to an aspie conference

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by TerryJ2, Feb 15, 2009.

1. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

I can't believe I forgot to tell you this!!

There is a particular teacher who has kept an eye on difficult child and picked him out as being a trouble-maker, and not behaving appropriately at all after school. There is a diff between his in-class behavior and his after-school behavior. I have been called into her office twice lately.

She, the homeroom teacher, and the principal were the people I met with-last wk when I gave them the results of difficult child's testing and told them flat-out that he was aspie. She's always been very intense and um, how do I say, not the friendliest person. But when I gave her the paperwork, her face lit up and she devoured ea and every page. :D

The principal pulled out a piece of mail that highlighted a dr who is traveling around, giving talks on Asperger's for educators. One of the sites was local and I considered going, except that I was worried that much of the terminology would be educator-speak. :sick:

I saw this particular teacher in the hallway the other day. She was smiling and she waved me down. "I'm going to the local Asperger's conference!
    I'll let you know if I find out anything that I can pass along!"

Night and Day.

She is definitely an intense, book person, not the touchy-feely type. Doesn't waste time talking about the weather. And now she's on a mission.
    I am one lucky person.
    Woo hoo!!!!
  2. totoro

totoro Mom? What's a GFG?

That is awesome!
    That is like K's Teacher. Her having a son in High School who has Low Functioning Autism, fully gets it and can handle anything at this point!
    Good for her for going to this Conference!
  3. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

This is very good news!!:)
  4. Janna

Janna New Member

That's great. You're very lucky. Let me know if you find anything good out!