One of my best friends died today.

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Jody, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Jody

Jody Active Member

One of my best friends died today. She was 63 and had diabetes, and pulmonary issues. She has been on an oxygen tank for a while now, but has been able to come to work most days and get around. 2 weeks ago she fell at home and broke both of her feet and her leg and one arm. She's been in the hospital and had surgery on Friday, this morning at 8:30 her family called and said her heart just gave out this morning. We thought she was going to recover. I didn't have a real relationship with my mom, and she filled in very well. One of the nicest and kindest people I have ever known. I am devastated and don't know how to get along without her. She always listened and prayed and helped me see the bright part of the situation if there was one and if there wasn't than how to let it go. She cared about both my kids and proudly displayed my kids pictures as if they were her real grandchildren. She has two of her own grandchildren. I don't think the whole thing has sunk in, not only were we co-workers but we were very good friends. Her name was Janet. I know she's out of pain, but I want her here.
  2. AnnieO

AnnieO Shooting from the Hip

Jody - hugs. I don't have anything to add but we are here for you.
  3. susiestar

susiestar Roll With It

I am so sorry.
  4. shellyd67

shellyd67 Active Member

I am so sorry for your loss. Please take care of yourself and we are here if you need to chat....
  5. Jody

Jody Active Member

Thank you. I'll be okay. I don't have many friends, and she was just the greatest lady. I could always talk to her and she was always supportive and kind. I wish I had more opportunities to be nice to her. I was always nice, because I loved her but I want more time to spend with her. I still just can't believe we'll never talk again.
  6. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

{{{Hugs}}} I'm so sorry for your loss. Give your kids a hug.
  7. mrscatinthehat

mrscatinthehat Seussical

Sending hugs!!
  8. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry, Jody. Sending many hugs.
  9. mog

mog Member

Sending HUGS--so sorry!
  10. Suz

Suz (the future) MRS. GERE

Janet sounds like a wonderful woman, Jody. It will mean a lot to her family to have you share with them how much you admired and loved her. I'm so sorry.

11. WhymeMom?

WhymeMom? No real answers to life..

Sorry for your loss...... sending strength and peaceful thoughts.......
  12. jal

jal Member

I am so sorry Jody. Sending prayers to you...
  13. busywend

busywend Well-Known Member Staff Member

I am so sorry for your loss.
  14. donna723

donna723 Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry you lost your friend, Jody. I know you'll miss her. Sending hugs.
  15. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member Staff Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. She sounds like a wonderful person.

16. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

I'm very sorry for your loss. Prayers being said.
  17. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

I am so sorry, Jody.
    What a loss.
    Owie! I cannot imagine falling and breaking that many things. OMG. Poor thing.
    You're right, she is out of pain now.
    Many, many hugs.
  18. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

You have most sincere sympathy. Unexpected loss brings a unique pain. I'm so sorry. DDD
  19. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader

{{{Jody}}} What a terrible loss and although it's difficult to think about right now, I am sure she is now pain free and watching over you and the kids. Gentle hugs, she sounds like a special lady and you were so fortunate to have her in your life.
  20. trinityroyal

trinityroyal Well-Known Member

Jody, I am so very sorry for your loss.
    Saying many prayers.