One of my best friends died today.

Jody

One of my best friends died today. She was 63 and had diabetes, and pulmonary issues. She has been on an oxygen tank for a while now, but has been able to come to work most days and get around. 2 weeks ago she fell at home and broke both of her feet and her leg and one arm. She's been in the hospital and had surgery on Friday, this morning at 8:30 her family called and said her heart just gave out this morning. We thought she was going to recover. I didn't have a real relationship with my mom, and she filled in very well. One of the nicest and kindest people I have ever known. I am devastated and don't know how to get along without her. She always listened and prayed and helped me see the bright part of the situation if there was one and if there wasn't than how to let it go. She cared about both my kids and proudly displayed my kids pictures as if they were her real grandchildren. She has two of her own grandchildren. I don't think the whole thing has sunk in, not only were we co-workers but we were very good friends. Her name was Janet. I know she's out of pain, but I want her here.

Jody

Thank you. I'll be okay. I don't have many friends, and she was just the greatest lady. I could always talk to her and she was always supportive and kind. I wish I had more opportunities to be nice to her. I was always nice, because I loved her but I want more time to spend with her. I still just can't believe we'll never talk again.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Janet sounds like a wonderful woman, Jody. It will mean a lot to her family to have you share with them how much you admired and loved her. I'm so sorry.

Hugs,
Suz

TerryJ2

I am so sorry, Jody.
What a loss.
Owie! I cannot imagine falling and breaking that many things. OMG. Poor thing.
You're right, she is out of pain now.
Many, many hugs.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
{{{Jody}}} What a terrible loss and although it's difficult to think about right now, I am sure she is now pain free and watching over you and the kids. Gentle hugs, she sounds like a special lady and you were so fortunate to have her in your life.