One Of Those Afternoons

B

Bunny

It's been one of those afternoons with difficult child. I was trying to help easy child with his homework, and difficult child comes into the kitchen trying to be disruptuve and loud. He says to me, "I can be in the kitchen, " to which I told him that he could be in the kitchen, he just can't bother everyone that was in there. It continued, but luckily, easy child had a homework pass and only had to work on spelling and didn't have to do his math, so homework got done pretty quick. I reminded difficult child that when he does homework he wants it absolutely quiet and he gets crazy when people make noice, to which his response was, "No, I don't." Really, I wish I had cameras in my house so I could play things back for him.

Then he was being really nasty to easy child while they were playing. Of course, it's all easy child's fault (everything is) and difficult child is having ten fits because easy child won't play with him. So, because of the way that his afternoon was going I told him that he was not going to be allowed to go and pick up his bowling ball tonight (husband took him last weekend to get one of my old bowling balls re-drilled for his hand and it's supposed to be ready today).

Can you guess how that went over? I told him that if he cooled his jets, did what was expected of his from now until then, and left me alone for a while I would think about taking him. Is that good enough? No! He's saying he wants a yes or no answer. So I told him that I guess the answer would have to be no. That didn't go over too well, either.

He finally seems to understand that if he calms down I might take him (or, more to the point, that husband might take him. I want nothing to do with it right now). He emptied the dishwasher, but is still insisting that he "has" to cook dinner with me tonight. I told him that I really didn't want him right next to me in the kitchen right now, and I told him why. Bothering easy child while he was trying to do homework, fighting with me, just being a general pain in the neck. He finally went upstairs to his room when I told him that I would think about it.

Bed time can not come soon enough tonight!

T

TeDo

I just had one of those days the other day. I guess the "bug" moved your direction when it left my house. Sorry. LOL