One prayer answered - a couple more to go?

Steely

You guys tossed me some prayers a couple of weeks ago about this job in UT.

So today..........the girl from the job in UT called, and they want to set up a phone interview, or 2.;)
(I have a bit of an inside connection because this girl used to work for the company I am at, and knows me through my boss at work. So I am hoping.)

The job is actually in Page AZ.........OMG..........near the Grand Canyon and Escalantes. Toto........we would be buddies!!!! And I could be in the mountains again!!!!

Seriously I cannot think about this too much or my head will explode. Just asking for some more prayers tossed into the wind for this. If this all turned out - OMG - I would be the happiest little person, ever!

Thanks for the thoughts, prayers, and body parts crossed......and oh yea.......that naked chicken liver dance that you all do! (that should be very pretty with this full-ish moon.:tongue:)

klmno

Congratulations!! I was soooo hoping when I read the title of the thread that this good news was referring to a new job. I'm sending thoughts and prayers and support and will do nekkid cicken dance in the house, but if I went outside to do it, the neighbors would have me arrested and the dogs would have no one to take care of them. LOL!!

You really needed this- I hope the interviews go great- nothing like the mountains to help "unblock" writer's block!!

Jena

I am so excited for you!! I'd be bad too I wouldn't be able to stop thinking about it!! yay for you!! I"m keeping my fingers crossed this is meant to be for you, it sounds soo promising.

when is the phone interview?? phone interviews are good. you can be in your pajamas lol.

i'll be saying alot of prayers and sending you alot of hugs. so proud of you!!!

Steely

Thanks.............yes klmno.......a outside nekkid chicken liver dance could be disastrous. You are so right! And the the commotion it would cause!!!
"Uh, officer, well, see my friend, well really, my cyber friend...........we have this tradition." No, no. Stick to inside body part crossing & dances.;)

I do not have a time for the phone interview, I think it is "tomorrow", but I have not heard back yet from the recruiter for a definitive time. So now I will have to be on my toes all day when the phone rings. I will let you know when she does though!!!

And just to throw in the other answered prayer - that I hesitate to be to happy about - (just knowing my difficult child). But difficult child is handling his responsibilities at the food bank increasingly well, and is actually starting to acquire some job skills. He sounds happier than I have heard him in over a year.
No board jinxes. NO! :tongue:
The counselors are impressed that he has done such a 180 since he came there 4 months ago.
(I knew he had it in him - the whole package just has to be there for him to be successful. medications, structure, therapy - everything is so delicate - which is SO hard to consistently implement in his life day in and day out.)

Thanks again.

I'm wishing you the best of luck!!! Hooray for difficult child !!! You deserve all good things!-Alyssa

everywoman

I will go out under the full moon and do the nekkid chicken liver dance, just for you---then I'll come in a say a few prayers as well. I know this is going to work out for you.

klmno

(I knew he had it in him - the whole package just has to be there for him to be successful. medications, structure, therapy - everything is so delicate - which is SO hard to consistently implement in his life day in and day out.)

How true!! But I think this may be what it takes for them to learn how to do it more independently. You know, we held their hands before we expected them to cross the street by themselves. I'm really glad to hear he's doing well. I believe he has it in him, too!! And, you all will be close again- closer physically than you are now and emotionally- oh- just wait and see- my bet is that he will be a very good son to you as he matures more and more!!

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Hopeful news for us moms of lost difficult children, I need to believe mine can mature as well...
You will LOVE Sedona! I'm told you can feel the energy of the Earth there. If anyone is sensitive to the vibes it is YOU!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Prayers being said, body parts crossed, good thoughts going out. Sorry, not up to the nekked chicken dance right now.

Woot Woot!! Looks like things are taking the upswing!! Awesome. I so hope difficult child is able to continue to do well.

((hugs))

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
It is so sad I have never been to the Grand Canyon. :(

I am doing all of the dances and sending all of my positive JUJU your way!
I feel like a kid, I got butterflies in my stomach reading your post! So excited for the possibilities!
I am so happy that M is doing better.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I am taking Star's bottle of glitter and generously sprinkling myself before I head outside under the full-ish moon to shake my full-ish (or was that fool-ish) booty with as many chicken livers as I can carry...

... Is it working yet?

TerryJ2

Oooooh, this is good news, indeed! You need a new start to your life. I have my fingers, arms, legs, and eyes crossed for you!