One year clean tomorrow

Discussion in 'Substance Abuse' started by KFld, Sep 28, 2007.

1. KFld

KFld New Member

difficult child celebrates his one year clean anniversary tomorrow. I just talked to him on the phone and he is very excited about it. He is going to an early morning meeting tomorrow to get his one year key chain.

I am so proud of him!!!!!!
  2. Georgiamomma

Georgiamomma New Member

Wow, that's so great! Congrats to both of you!

3. lovemysons

lovemysons Well-Known Member

Way to go to your difficult child, Karen.

Man, I so hope I can hear this same thing from my oldest difficult child in a year!

Congratulations to yours,
  4. Big Bad Kitty

Big Bad Kitty lolcat

I am so proud of your boy.
  5. KFld

KFld New Member

It's so funny because about a month or so ago he said something like, what are going to get me for my anniversary? How about a new car!

I said to him, I don't think so, but I know where you can get a nice new keychain

I'll make sure I call him first thing tomorrow morning also.
  6. nvts

nvts Active Member

That's terrific news! I had noticed that date in your signature and was wondering if you're supposed to do something (I don't know, dinner, movies, ???). My Dad takes my sister's best friend out to dinner every anniversary. Her parent's are both passed and he adopts everyone that comes into our lives!

7. CAmom

CAmom Member

Karen, I'm so happy for you and your son! What a huge deal!!!
  8. Terryforvols

Terryforvols Member

Congratulations!! My difficult child will be one year clean next weekend, then gets married the following Saturday, 10/13/07!! She has changed so much, is back in school, expecting her first baby, and just a different person.

I am so happy for you and your difficult child. Let's pray that they continue down the right path and continue to grow as clean and sober individuals. CONGRATULATIONS!!
  9. envisablepuppet

envisablepuppet New Member

That is wonderful!!! Takes a lot of stress away doesnt it.

I am so happy for him and very proud of him as well
  10. HereWeGoAgain

HereWeGoAgain Grandpa

That's great! Congratulations to you both.
  11. saving grace

saving grace New Member

Congratulations!! I am so so proud of him. I havent read much about how he is doing in his new place with his new girlfriend, hows it goin?

You must be so proud.

12. Merris

Merris New Member

Feels like we're his moms too! LOL! I am proud of him and proud of you. You held your head high during the lowest of times and I truly admire you. If I knew how to do an emoticon, I would!

13. Kathy813

Kathy813 Well-Known Member Staff Member

We need a thumbs-up icon for that! Way to go, difficult child. And good for you, Karen, for letting him reach his bottom as hard as that was ~ look at the results.

14. busywend

busywend Well-Known Member Staff Member

How cool is that!!

TYLERFAN New Member

Blessings and Congrats to difficult child!!!!!!!

16. gottaloveem

gottaloveem Active Member

Thats a wonderful milestone
  17. flutterbee

flutterbee Guest

I haven't been on the board long enough to know of yours and his struggles, but I know how huge of a milestone this is and it brought tears to my eyes.
  18. totoro

totoro Mom? What's a GFG?

What a nice thing to read !!! Congratulations to him and you!
  19. KFld

KFld New Member

I talked to him today. he went and got his one year clean keychain at an NA meeting first thing this morning and he said it was so cool. He said he never thought he could do it and he was so proud of himself

I am so proud of him
  20. Big Bad Kitty

Big Bad Kitty lolcat

Tell him that it is glow in the dark to match the glow in his heart.