Onto tweedle dee....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
kt is aware of this board; has never attempted to get on here & check out the goings on. In fact, more than anything she's been concerned that other kids need help. She frequently asks if everything is okay with everybody.

This morning she asked what was going on here....were there any kids that needed help. Were there any kids she would understand? Again this happens all the time. I share generalities & nothing else for the sake of other difficult children privacy here.

After I logged off this morning kt asked me how I became so "wise" about the diagnosis's she & wm had. I told her a bit more about the level of wisdom & more importantly the support offered here.

I told kt that my mom & dad, more than anyone, taught me how to parent ~ how to advocate for my children. That with the wisdom here helped me find the help she & her brother needed. kt wanted to know all the steps I needed to take to find her & wm the treatment necessary.

We talked for almost an hour ~ a very mature hour. She expressed concerns for any adopted kids here. kt spoke of her bio parents & the sadness & anger were apparent.

Toward the end of our talk kt gave me a huge hug & thanked me for all I've done for her.

"I love you mom....I am blessed that you are in my life. You're a real mom to me ." She then called me the pit bull of moms....I just don't let go.

I beamed at my difficult child/(dare I say) easy child & her growth & maturity. I beamed with pride at her recognition of the world outside herself. Today she is my pride & joy.

J

joneshockey

Aww... KT has brought tears to my eyes too! You have done such an awesome job with her, she is really growing up! I can only hope that my two boys show as much graditude for all that I do for them when they are her age!

crazymama30

Linda, it is moments like these that allow us to get through the bad ones, when all that we have done looks like it is helping, when they show compassion and gratitude.

I hope you have more moments like this.