"Operation Aborted" error

R

runawaybunny

We've narrowed down the list of suspects to just a couple of different things that may have been causing the problem. If we don't get any error reports today then I'll start adding design elements back to the site one at a time to make sure that there are no further errors.

I would appreciate it if you would continue to report the errors in this thread. With so many different design elements, operating systems and browser versions keeping track of all of the variables is like trying to herd cats.

;)

Andy

Happened just now! I was in "Watercooler" and hit "Main".

Might be time for you to take Marge up on her Chocolate Mouse recipie. I would substitue "ouse" for "oose" though! (or do you just add an extra "s"?)

Marguerite

Star started the rodent thingie.

On the subject of rodent recipes, do you remember when I posted about the shop-bought lasagne (I had bought two of them) and when I took it out of the oven, I noticed a white speck on the edge. It was a rat molar! The entire molar, roots and all. It wasn't simply a case of a rat knocked its tooth on the edge of the vat. No, this was a rat that had fallen in to the meat vat and been cooked so thoroughly that the skull dissolved, leaving the tooth intact.

We've never bought lasagne from that shop since. Or anything else.

Mind you, difficult child 1 & BF2 both insisted on eating the lasagne...

I called the Dept of Health.

True story, but it should also suffice to get this thread back to the top of the list.

Marg

Abbey

Spork Queen
Browsers are a bear to deal with when you program. I don't like change in technology, but finally have given in to using IE instead of Netscape, which I love. I know it's from the stone ages, but it's just so user friendly. There are a few others out there now that H uses, but I get error messages on many sites from them.

On the positive side, I'm still not getting any error messages.

Abbey

Marg's Man

Could be that Marg & I are NOT getting the error because we don't Internet Explorer, ever.

We use Safari v4.0.1 or Firefox on our Mac system at home and I use Firefox exclusively when I come aboard under Windows on some of my computers at work. I also use Safari on the Mac laptop at work.

I have some experience with trying to programme for different browsers since we use a web based database system at work. We told the users to give up with Internet Explorer some years ago because Microsoft don't follow the universal protocols you are SUPPOSED to follow when programming websites. Our system DOES work but we had (still have) a higher error rate with Internet Explorer than any other browser. Since the initial implementation of our system the web has changed and browsers with it so now we cannot use later versions of Safari and we are having to move with the times.

The experts who are programming our new system tell me that there so many browsers out there now that they are only going to programme for Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and Opera; anyone using other browsers will have to take their chances. To me it's a no brainer: all these browsers are free downloads so I just find the one that works best on a particular site and use that.

Marg's Man

R

runawaybunny

This is an Internet Explorer problem. The majority of users of this site use IE so it needs to be fixed ASAP.

I admin another forum that also runs on vbulletin but also uses a couple of additional software packages to provide structure to the pages. That forum is error free. I was trying to avoid the disruption of a forum overhaul but since the error keeps popping up here I'll probably have to redesign this forum to use the same type of set up.

;)

Thank you for your patience.

Marguerite

oh, joy...

Hang in there, Cheryl. I'll refrain from making cracks about Microsoft...

Maybe we can conjure a recipe that uses Microsoft and rodents? Skunk soup?

Marg

Marguerite

how's it going, folks?

I'm thinking of working on a new comfort food casserole along the rodent theme. I'm calling it "muskrat love"...

Hey, whatever keeps the thread up high...

Marg

KTMom91

Don't hurt IE...after Son #2 and Hubby destroyed my computer, Firefox won't let me on this site. Whatever they did is beyond bizarre...I can't get onto Facebook on IE, I have to use Firefox. So...I have both browsers open and wander back and forth because I can't remember what one does what. GRRR.

Now, the mouse recipes...are they to COOK a mouse or cook FOR a mouse? You know, if you give a mouse a cookie...

Marguerite

We get on to this site with Firefox or Safari.

We had to switch to Firefox when difficult child 3's Maths online lessons were not working properly, with Safari.

As for recipes - it could be either. I urge caution, however, if you are thinking of doing both (as in cooking mouse, FOR a mouse). Cannibalism puts the individual at risk for prion-mediated disease, and I'm not sure I want to experience what would happen if we got a mouse version of Mad Cow Disease.

Hmm, it would make things very interesting in the Mickey Mouse household.

Marg

Andy

"Muskrat Love" - Isn't there an old song out there with that title? Marg, you can sell a music CD with your comfort food cookbook. Dine with the matching music.

If You Give a Mouse a Cookie ...... Love that book and watched it in sign language during my sign language class this Winter/Spring. The illustrations were soooo cute!

Interesting what we can come up with to help keep this on top. What will we do when the problem is solved?

KTMom91

Andy, you can also read If You Give a Pig a Pancake and If You Give a Moose a Muffin. There's probably another one out by now.

I think Captain and Tennille sang Muskrat Love...OMG, I'm old...

Andy

Ahh, But not too old to keep up with the "IF You Give...." books. You are still very young at heart.

I love that song also. I can see it been listen too while enjoying one of Marg's casseroles.

Marguerite

How about "A mouse lived in a windmill in old Amsterdam"... (Ronnie Hilton). You could play that while enjoying a lovely Dutch oven casserole of rodent and rutabaga...

Marg

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
If we go back to the original topic, I haven't had this error message for several days now. :thumbsup:

Suz

Marguerite

That's really good, Suz. The more we can talk about mouse recipes (to keep the topic bounced up in a novel way) then the less the problem is a continuing issue.

Getting the main problem fixed or at least kept in mind until we get it sorted, is the aim of all the apparent digression.

Marg

nvts

Ok, I know you're going crazy with this BUT... I got it when I hopped on tonight and forgot to let you know. Then I spotted the thread, and said "oh! I better let Cheryl know!" So I clicked on the thread and I got it again!

:rofl: