Opinions needed

DammitJanet

I am sorry this is happening to easy child...I dont think its legal. I am trying to get seizures removed from my records because I dont have them and some idiot put that label on me in the hospital. It wasnt my fault I had seizures when they cold turkeyed me from my bipolar medications. I was on a boatload of medications and they took me off.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Fran,

A thought just hit me smack in the face. Don't know why I didn't think of this earlier.

I know that easy child doesn't have seizures however he can contact the Epilepsy Foundation for work issues help. I belong to & donate regularly to this foundation. They have done a world of good.

I can't promise they will have the answer but it may be the jumping point ~ they may be able to point easy child in the right direction.

Hard life lesson learned I would say.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Thank you Linda. It's a good thought.

Nancy, as they say "from your lips to God's ears". I am trying to tread lightly with nudging him to return to school. He has to make up his own mind.

I think he is in over his 19yr old head with this one. He pretty capable but all those "authority" figures site rules to him and he believes them. On the other hand there may nothing we can do. If he isn't working by the end of Jan. he will have to move home. Not at all what easy child planned.

DDD

I have no answers, Fran. on the other hand I know that as soon as "brain surgery" or "anti-seizure medications" are mentioned .. the world freaks! If easy child/difficult child can ever abstain from booze, I honestly believe he could easily function with-o the medications. Meanwhile I feel like they "may" protect him from himself a bit.

Geez, it is complicated. I'm rooting for easy child. by the way, it may be wise to find out how he can refer to this work experience with future applications for employment. That might be tricky also. Hugs. DDD

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
This is on the employer. The "second physician" should have been ruling on whether or not he had a condition that would qualify for intermittent FMLA or not - nothing more. What were his findings, just out of curiosity?

Wynter's right, too, about the contracted physician part. This info is null and void. Proving it may be hard, tho.

And if he has FMLA protection and is realeased to resume work, if he can't perform his previous duties, the company needs to find work for him at similar pay grade.

Get a complaint in to the labor dept. It takes a while, but get it rolling. There's a lot of gray in FMLA but this doesn't sound gray at all.