Opinions

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
When my sister was first divorced about 20 years ago, she was 44 and she 'dated' (I use the term loosely) MANY 24-27 year olds! Her sons were really annoyed and they asked her if she could at least date men in their 30's - they found it embarrassing! Hahaha, she did go along with them, but she sure had a very fun year that year. She was a cougar before the term became popular I guess. Hahaa.

It's what's in your head and heart that matter, not what's listed on your license.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
EW--

A cougar is an older, wiser woman who still has plenty of sex appeal. She dates younger men because she is far too energetic for the "old farts" who may be closer to her chronological age.

DammitJanet

I dont think 10 years makes it a cougar relationship...well not unless you are in your 20s to middle school...lmao. Then its just illegal.

Truthfully, have you seen that Tequila commercial where the two guys of about 25 are talking about one of them having a hot date last night with a cougar and one says "hush man, my mom's in town" and the friend starts dialing his cell phone and the friends mom's phone starts ringing on the counter? The guy yells ....Mom...oh Mom!

Hilarious.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Oh wow. That would really creep some people out... Hmm. When I was dating a guy when I was 20 - he was 18 - he jokingly called me "Mrs. Robinson". Yeah well - he was legal at least.

CrazyinVA

Staff member
I think Daisy hit the nail on the head.

I used to joke that I wouldn't date a man closer in age to my kids than to me, which meant a cut-off of about 11 years younger. I'm a bit more flexible in that now, it really just depends on the person. My circle of friends ranges from early 30s to early 40s; Oldest even meets up with us sometimes which can be ... interesting. I have rarely dated men my age or older than I am, I honestly have trouble finding any that I have common interests with, that are any FUN. My musical taste especially runs "young," and I go to a LOT of live concerts ... I'm usually among the oldest there lol. Now if I could just meet one of those older, single guys at the concerts.... that might work :)

SRL

Personally I prefer being the younger, prettier one in a relationship. Though if I were to date at this point and went older I would be dating seniors. Hmmm... perhaps young is the way to go.

Personally at this stage I'm thinking it would all be too much trouble.;)

I think the term cougars has a broader application than just a dating relationship, and extends to general attraction. For example on American Idol a Cougars for David Cook group arose a few years ago as he held a lot of appeal for many woman older than him.