opinions

witzend

Yeah, you did the right thing. "It was like this when I got it." I would bet that he has told Nana that you all are going to force her into a nursing home. There's nothing that scares them more.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
This is an awful situation! You did the right thing. What an evil man. I hope he rots in he//. Sorry if I'm speaking out of turn, but this is really awful.

susiestar

Roll With It
You did just exactly right. He has told her she will be dumped somewhere if she complains about his treatment of her. Tell her that was all there was.

Good job intercepting the paper. I know you have worried and stewed over this.

:bravo: :warrior: :angel: :lipstick: :bravo:

Have a good night, knowing YOU stepped onto the frontlines and protected your Nana.

Susie

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'd have done the same thing. No way does crazy uncle need to know Nana's location or how to get in touch with her.

Hmmmm, I'm wondering if the man is making an attempt to get those charges that are pending dropped?? Maybe by getting Nana to switch her story?

I hope the whole family bands together to protect Nana, even if it does major PO her. She's not at a point in life where she can protect herself.

Hugs

goldenguru

Yeah ... it is our responsibility to protect those who can not protect themselves. I would be sure to tell your mom about this since she has POA over your grandma. She should be in the loop and have this knowledge.

When my grandma got to a certain age (about 85) we had to sit her down and tell her that she could no longer drive. She was mad as a hornet. But, as a family we felt that our primary responsibility was for her safety (and the safety of others on the road).

Lothlorien

OH yeah! You did the right thing. We are in a very similar situation right now with husband's grandmother and her crazy son. She's actually in hospice right now and no one has told crazy son, because of the exact same thing.

Nancy

I would have done the same thing. We have to look out for our elderly relatives. There are many people out there who will take advantage of them and your crazy uncle already has a track record.

nancy

Fran

Former desparate mom
My question would be how lucid is grandma? Does she feel loving son was showing love with cigarette burns?
Unless she is incompetent I'm not sure anyone but her has the right to tell her who to talk to and when. It's ugly. It's dangerous. It's still her choice. Age doesn't negate free will.
Elderly parents, siblings,bad behavior all seem to come to the surface as our parents get older. It's awful.
I tried very hard to keep all siblings on the same page when my dad stayed with us. Fortunately, it worked out but a crazy brother/sister could have been very damaging.

In the end, you did what you did with a pure heart. It was for her health and well being. You are keeping her away from a dangerous situation but you probably need a heart to heart with her. Just so you are following her wishes.

nvts

I don't know...the New Yorker in me is wickedly coming out right now!!! :smile:

You absolutely did the right thing! This guy is a dirtbag that deserves to be drawn & quartered. I'd like to kick his butt everyway possible!

While my family tends to put the "fun" back in disfunctional, if any one of them came to me with this type of story, that guy would have to hold the pen between his toes to write down his address and phone number! :devil:

Great job! You protected the victim - once that jerk victimized her, he waived every "right" that he has under the sun!

Beth

PS: I'm pretty passionate about this as you may notice!

busywend

All you did was protect your grandma? Why would you question if it was the right thing? She may not like it - but it is the right moral direction, in my humble opinion.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I have a few questions.

1.) WHY on earth was the peacebond denied? (No trespassing paper?)
with the obvious bruises and cigarette burns?

2.) WHY on earth did that cousin hand Nana a piece of paper with
his address on it?

3.) Despite the fact that no one likes him and your Nana does has
anyone suggested that she get counseling for this "alleged"
abuse?
4.) Nana can get mad all she wants at 93, if she's allowing torture
to go on she could just stay mad, and allow her family to deal
with this evil man. You do know he is evil right?

As far as what you did? You handled it very respectfully. Consider that if I would have been you? I would have hunted down the cousin, waited for him in the bathroom and kicked his bloody stupid arse over his shoulders and had the rest of my family and pastor haul him/her out as well for helping the evil one.

ARrrrrrgh.

Sorry you have to endure this.
Star

G

guest3

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_Loan_Ranger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a few questions.

1.) WHY on earth was the peacebond denied? (No trespassing paper?)
with the obvious bruises and cigarette burns? Because my Crazy Uncle is 70+ years old and looks like he's on death's door (he is actually only 10% of his heart works and he's still smoking non filtered cigerettes) he told judge that my Nanna was disoriented and fell alot.
2.) WHY on earth did that cousin hand Nana a piece of paper with
his address on it? becuase when my cousin was an addict his Mom died and he never forgave himself for seeing his Mom when she was sick, and he's a weak weenie
3.) Despite the fact that no one likes him and your Nana does has anyone suggested that she get counseling for this "alleged"
abuse? Countless times, he abused his 1st and 2nd wife and even verbally harrasses his 12 y/o grand daughter (he hates women), and he doesn't have a problem according to him
4.) Nana can get mad all she wants at 93, if she's allowing torture to go on she could just stay mad, and allow her family to deal with this evil man. You do know he is evil right? Oh so evil his second xwife (my auntie) lived/hide at my house after he stuck a fork in her face and she finally left him after 35+ years, he threw her out twice and burned all of her belongings, plus much worse, over those years.

As far as what you did? You handled it very respectfully. Thank You

I would have hunted down the cousin, waited for him in the bathroom and kicked his bloody stupid arse over his shoulders
Well being it was his wedding that might not have gone over too well although I did think about it.</div></div>

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm voting twice....

Hang him. He could sliiiiiip or something.

....say....ja know...someone here has a cousin named Guido
BagaDoughnuts that will for a small fee make this man swim wit tha fishes. (hahah)
-I do not recall saying dat.