Other dog now!!!

K

Kjs

Just when Chloe is starting to perk up..it is the other dog who is 8 months old. husband takes the dogs to the field/pond everyday after work. Kenzie swims, Chloe just walks in the water(she things she swims..LOL) After they got home the two dogs were playing ball (rare for chloe). I notice blood all over the rug. Walk in the kitchen and puddles of blood. So, I immediately grab Chloe since she is our problem dog. No cuts.
Turn Kenzie over and above her pads right by the upper claw is about a two inch gash. Sliced open like a V. Through the meat, but no bone showing. So much blood it looked like something was in there. difficult child thought a leach. Carried her over to a neighbors. Her husband held the flashlight and the paw. I held the dog, and friend put big bandage with neosporin on it, then wrapped in gauze, then tape. Put a winter doggie boot over it. Now she doesn't walk!!! no ER vet open in our town.

husband took her to the vet this morning. Waiting for an update from him.

If it's not one thing it's another. No..its everything.

K

Kjs

SH just called. They first told him they were real busy, and would just bandage her up and bring her back on Monday. After they cleaned it up they said she has to be stitched back together. Putting her out and will have to pick her up later!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
If the cut is that deep it sounds like she could've sliced it with a shard of glass or metal.

But I will say, Molly got a slice from a sharp rock in the yard on the pad of her foot, the cut wasn't really deep but she bled all over my kitchen floor and scared us half to death before we figured out where the bleeding was coming from.

Now for the big question: Is she not walking on it because of the injury or because of the winter doggie boot? :wink:

Don'tcha just love how they tend to get sick or hurt on the weekends when there is no vet around. Mine ALWAYS get sick or hurt on just the weekends. :faint:

Is there maybe a ER vet in a nearby town? I finally found one 45 mins away from us in another town.

Poor doggie. That has to hurt. :frown:

K

Kjs

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Daisylover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don'tcha just love how they tend to get sick or hurt on the weekends when there is no vet around. Mine ALWAYS get sick or hurt on just the weekends. :faint:

Is there maybe a ER vet in a nearby town? I finally found one 45 mins away from us in another town.</div></div>

Same goes for difficult child! Luckily vet was open until noon today and husband was right on it. Yes there is a 24 hr. ER for the dogs about 15 miles away.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I am so sorry for your puppy! My boys here are sending her boquets of biscuits for a speedy recovery. The rats pitched in some Yogie bites - they are blueberry yogurt drops and a fav.

My American Bulldog has problems with splitting his pads due to licking. WHen he obsesses over his feet, we clean them with peroxide solution, rinse, put neosporin on them a baggie, and then a cotton sock (I love my dog so I can give up a sock) and then tape it up. We keep sally hansens heel crack cream available for his pads. Sure makes his feet heal quick and smells good too.

and the vet bill on the weekend? EVERYONE here NEVER gets hurt or injured M-F. ALWAYS on Saturday. The pitbull cut his tongue in half? Sunday afternoon. The cat got attacked by a raccoon? Saturday AM. The American Bulldog ate his leather collar, tags and all, and a milk jug - Emergency surgery on Saturday AM.

My furry kids define my character....I'd be lost without them.

Hugs for your baby....support for you.
Star