Our Cat is Passing Away

Abbey

Spork Queen
So, so sorry. As much as I vent about our parrots, I would be devestated if one passed.

Hugs to your family.

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Thank you all.

The family is still dealing with the shock of it all. Too fast. If she had been sick or something...... I think Nichole is pretending Shadow is off on one of her jaunts. At least until she has to bury her this afternoon. boyfriend told Nichole she could bury Shadow in the woods back of his house. They have a little "pet cemetary" back there. I think Shadow would like it.

Just completely unbelievable. I've never seen anything like that.:sad-very:

janebrain

Lisa,
I am so sorry--I am a cat lover, I know how much this hurts. As someone else (sorry, don't remember who) said in this thread, it really hurts to lose an animal because they are so innocent, so accepting.

Our rat, Bunny, died a few weeks ago--some may remember that my husband and I rescued him from our dtr's abandoned apt. I never would dream that I would take in a rat and then become attached to it! All of us felt so bad--we had to have him euthanized, he had too many serious health problems. We really miss him.

I felt so bad to read how Shadow was being abused but so proud of Nichole for rescuing him.

Thinking of you,
Jane

TerryJ2

Oh, I am so sorry. Stay with-her every moment. And cats have nine lives, you know ... just call me Pollyanna. Denial is my middle name.
Peace for a gentle passing, if it should come to that.

Coookie

Oh Lisa, :( I am so sorry.

Sending many gentle hugs to you all. :( My girls are getting old and I sincerely dread their passing, always been here for me with love, unconditional love. :(

Truly is loosing part of the family :( We had a poem around here awhile back called the Rainbow Bridge that was beautiful. Wouldn't know where to look for it but maybe someone else does. It is a comfort.

More hugs.

Lisa,

I think the pet cemetery is a wonderful place to bury Shadow. Poor Nichole - I know how hard it is to bury a much loved "furry" family member...My heart goes out to her. It is so heartbreaking!!!

I'm keeping all of you in my thoughts... It is difficult enough when we know the time is coming - It is so much worse when it is totally unexpected and there isn't any time to mentally prepare for it...

Sending lots of hugs your way... WFEN

SaraT

I am so sorry. I starting crying for you as I will loose a fur member soon and it is always hard. The pet cemetary sounds like a good place to put her to rest.

Hugs.