Our difficult child is tearing our family apart - HELP!!!

• Thread starter justtotallyspent
  • Start date
J

justtotallyspent

Hello there I am a nebbie to this but here it goes. I am a mother of a 10yr old boy and step-mother to 2 boys ages 3 and 4 and also a 10 yr old girl. My husband (common-law) works long hours while I am a stay at home mom. I have back problems resulting in a disability that does not allow to work, I also have depression (for many years although has became increasingly worse). I have been a step-parent for 2+ yrs now. Our DC1 has had no diag. as of yet and we are currently in couselling with him. Our easy child 1 and easy child 2 are becoming more withdrawn and feeling left out because there is no time or energy for them and our easy child 3 the youngest is starting to follow what he sees from his older brother and misbehaves often to gain attention. The story on our DC1 is that he is always on the go, can't transition between activities (even ones he likes), cannot focus on a tasks, always in a terrible mood, and often lashes out verbally and physically toward me or his siblings. Myself and husband are often in battles over how to best deal with him and our relationship is slowly crumbling because there is no time for us (I am too spent at the end of the day). Our family is headed for disaster.... any ideas.... please all thoughts/ideas are welcome.