Our favorite gifts?

Nancy

Thought it would be fun to hear what our favorite gifts were this year. This is just for fun, of course my favorite gift is my family, our health, all our blessings. I bought bolts of fleece and next week easy child and I are making blankets to hand out to the homeless downtown.

But for today.....what were your favorite gifts?

me - Planet Earth DVD set and book
husband - portable car battery charger for when the girls leave
their car ligths on
easy child - electric blanket for bed because she says we keep the
house too cold
difficult child - Ugg boots

Nancy

klmno

It's just difficult child and myself here. He got me three gifts (with a little financial help from me!). Anyway, he got me 2 things I'd "hinted" that I needed and wanted. Then, he got me some chocolates (no hinting on that), which he knows I love. But, a couple of days before Christmas he came in the house and asked me to come and look at something outside. I thought he was going to show me something on his bike. He showed me the post light in the front yard was working- he fixed it! No asking, hinting, anything!! We've been living in this house over a year- that light has never worked. Of course, I'm glad he didn't eletrocute himself, which is why I never would have asked his help on this one. Anyway, other than the health, life, and blessings I tend to take for granted, I am most thankful to see these signs of thoughtfulness in difficult child- even if "this too shall pass"!!

klmno

Oh, to lighten it up a little-

difficult child's favorite would be a toss-up between the boom box for his bedroom and the racing wheel controller for video gaming. (This gives him his OWN remote control AND steering wheel!!)

JJJ

A Wii from my grandparents to our whole family.

And a stress-free Christmas, the best in years. (Courtesy of Kanga being in the psychiatric hospital.)

Lothlorien

I got a new camera that is my favorite

husband, I think his favorite gift was his briefcase

Missy got a Nintendo DS from husband's parents

Mighty Mouse's favorite is his new Geo Trax train set.

My favorite gift was season 1 of the Muppet Show (from my brother). I can't wait to get Tink into watching it with me.

I don't know if Tink had a favorite gift. She loves her Spotz maker, her Rescue Pet, and all her stuff for her new room.

Copper only got one thing, an XBOX360. I think she likes it.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Mine was having Travis slave away for 2 solid days getting my computer up and running again. No, this wasn't his present to me, but for me (computer addict that I am) it was a present anyway. :smile:

As for bought gifts, I got alot of nice things, but I love the ceramic Bambi, Thumper, and Flower that easy child gave me for my flower garden. They're adorable, and super expensive. And I don't think they'll ever make it outside the house. I'm going to find somewhere SAFE inside to keep them. lmao

husband- his beard trimmer

Travis- his bed

Nichole- a huge scrapbooking set

Aubrey- her Lil Mommy baby and stroller is a super hit.

easy child- the Ipod sister in law surprised her with (after buying her a laptop)

sister in law- a playstation 3

Darrin- the real 4 wheeler that Santa brought

Me - Books on CD from wife

wife - Family reunion portraits, one her side and one my side, in matching frames. (Officially it was a gift "for all of us" but wife is in charge of them, naturally).

difficult child - Clothes from wife

easy child 1 - Changes often, but the Barbie laptop is getting a lot of attention.

easy child 3 - Books from wife and me. He loves to read!

mum2JK&TH

My favorite gift was having such a wonderful Christmas this year with all of our families. It went smoothly and for once I think we all had fun.
To be honest I think husband and I's favorite gifts were not even ours, haha, difficult child got Guitar Hero III and both easy child and difficult child got Dance, Dance Revolution and they are both so much fun! We've all spent most of our time playing them. Guitar Hero is very addictive :hypnosis: My favorite gift was probably my slippers. My old ones were falling apart so bad I almost broke my neck a few times. husband has 3 fav's - new gaming mouse and keyboard and a wireless gaming chair. difficult child's is Guitar Hero III and easy child I think is a doll house that she can paint and decorate on her own. Oh and they both said their ipods. The animals all agree that their treats were the best.
We were very lucky this xmas, Santa was good to us :santa:

Sue C

Well, husband and my favorite gift was Melissa buying us tickets to go to a National Drag Racing Competition in Chicago in June. You'd have to know how much we love watching drag racing on TV (and watching Melissa drag race at a local track for fun) to know how special this gift was to us!

Melissa's favorite -- Ipod Touch

Angela's favorite -- no idea, but she did like the cappuccino maker I gave her

Angela's husband's favorite -- don't know but he sure got excited when he opened up the electric coffee grinder

everywoman

My favorite: Besides the 1 carat princess cut solitaire--it would be having all of my children and grandchildren here on Christmas day.

husband---His GPS system for his new truck

PCson---a microsoft zune

difficult child---his zune

PCdaughter---her ipod

Fosterdaughter---her Victoria Secret PJ's

F

flutterbee

Mine - I had 2 Santa Maria Aquamarine stones. If you know anything about gemstones, then you know you can't get these stones anymore. The Santa Maria mines have been empty for 20 years. They are a much deeper color than the aquamarine stones you see today. Anyway, I've had these stones (7x5 ovals) for a couple of years and my mom snuck them out and had them set into earring mountings. I love them! I hardly ever wear earrings, but I'll be wearing these every day.

difficult child - Sims 2

easy child - MP3 player (actually it's probably Guitar Hero III, but he got that present early - back when it came out in October)

LittleDudesMom

Sounds like a nice holiday for you guys so far.

My favorite gift was from the children - easy child works at a gym that has a little spa for massages and such as well. She worked with the owners and she and difficult child each put in money (naturally she put in more, but he added two week's allowance!) and got me two 30 minutes sessions - 1 is a reflexology session (translation, foot massage) and the other session is a relaxation/cranio-sacral (which is a upper body with head and neck)! I was so totally shocked! They were so excited that difficult child was jumping up and down waiting for me to rip the package open! My mother was really good to me too though, she bought me a Dooney and Burke sachel and a nice check.

difficult child's fav is his bb gun followed by his video camera (which he used endlessly at my mom's house yesterday which kept him pretty busy so it as my fav!!!).

easy child's is a tie between her guitar hero III with-2 guitars and her garnet ring.

Truly a blessed Christmas at the littledude's house.

Sharon

Nancy

Ooooo I forgot, my other favorite gift, tickets to Celine Dion in concert from husband.

Sue, let me know how Melissa likes her itouch. difficult child wants one but I told her she has to buy it herself so hopefully she will take care of it better.

Herewegoagain, what books on CD did you get? I love listening to them in my car as I drive and I'm looking for suggestions.

Loth, what kind of camera did you get?

Nancy

mstang67chic

Going Green
We haven't actually finished our Christmas get togethers yet but so far:

Me - new digital camera (last one, coughcough, disappeared.....and coincidently enough, difficult child showed up with a digital camera of his own around the same time. Hmmmmmm). This one though, came with a little printer to print the pictures out on. Oooh! And a Barnes and Noble gift card!!! :reading:

husband - Toss up between his Indy Colts shirt and sleep pants and the Sears gift card.

difficult child - Nintendo DS

This year at my Dad and Step-moms was somewhat subdued though. One of thier (our) friends (and neighbor) who was always there for Thanksgiving and Christmas passed away 1 1/2 weeks before Christmas. We remembered him though and had some laughs at good memories.

donna723

My cousin crocheted me a gorgeous afghan(?) that's a deep red and cream color, in a pattern that looks like little seashells. It's so pretty, I'm afraid to use it! Such a lot of work went in to it!

And my son has actually reached a point where he's perceptive enough to notice things that I need and buy them for me for Christmas or birthdays! Last year he bought me a digital camera when my trusty old 35mm finally gave up the ghost, and this year he got me a new microwave to replace my old one that quit working! Used to be that he had no idea what to get and he'd grab the first thing he saw in Wal Mart - but he'd go no further than the first few aisles - so I've now got a lifetime supply of candles!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ohhh...almost forgot. My good friend got me 2 tickets to see Styx (ok, I'm a huge fan) to a private showing in Feb. I can't wait!!

Abbey