Our morning ritual....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
kt needs to get up very early for day treatment (her bus comes at 6:07).

kt sets her alarm & I set mine. I get up usually about 20 minutes before she does to get coffee going, kt's medications out & other trivial morning activities.

kt comes down from her room & starts eating breakfast. We generally chat about the upcoming day; maybe about something that is on her mind or plans for after school.

Yesterday kt came down & grabbed a cup of coffee. I just watched her as she sat down & started drinking coffee. (I drink half decaf/half regular coffee). kt told me that she felt that now that she was a "woman" we should have morning coffee together & "check in" with each other before our day begins.

Same thing happens this morning (however I made decaf coffee just in case.)

Just tell me ~ who is this child? :lipstick::lady:What happened to ktbug? :dont_know: I wonder how many different "kt's" will pop out before I see the mature adult kt.

klmno

How sweet! It sounds like she is interested in growing up a little and sharing some "girl time" with you! Maybe you can use that to your advantage! I'm glad you made decaf, though- I hate to think what my difficult child would do on reg. coffee!!

JJJ

Her bus comes at 6:07???? That would so be husband's job!! Do you go back to bed when she is gone?

everywoman

Oh Linda---how special was that moment. And by the way---you'll see at least 1000 more kt's before she's really mature...LOL

house of cards

If I had to get up as early as you, I would need day treatment. I don't know how you do it with your health concerns and all. I think I would need every drop of the caffeine and then some.

B

butterflydreams

That is very sweet! Enjoy those moments. I understand the early morning though. I am up at 5:30am every morning so I can get ready and get easy child out the door at 6:30 to school. H.S. starts at 7:05am. I'm waking difficult child up at 6am, we don't leave for his school until 7:30-7:40am. If he took the morning bus, he would have to be at the bus stop by 7:20am.

Christy

Andy

That is so COOL. Grab this chance to make this a daily habit. Get her in the habit of talking to you every single day.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner......been a tad busy with a few things to get kt off to respite & then I fell asleep. husband chose not to wake me for which I'm grateful.

I enjoy our morning talks - the fact that kt has initiated this little ritual (about a month ago with-o the coffee & "woman" statement) gives me pause. I feel as though the culmination of the past 7 years is making a bigger impact than I had thought.

I watch kt grow emotionally & mature & I'm awed at her survival; her ability to move forward however tenuously. (I still never know which kt I'll see on any given morning & sometimes that makes me very uncomfortable.)

I have been journaling on a regular basis & had already recorded this in my journal. Thank you ladies....as always you are the best.

F

flutterbee

I didn't see this earlier, Linda. I'm sorry.

You know, I enjoy and savor these moments as they come. I know there will still be difficult child moments and slides back into old behaviors and immaturity. But, this is growth and a desire to share with you.

I find it very heartwarming.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I think this is a great ritual. It's so great that she wants to spend this time with you. It must do your heart good to see the progress she is making. Hugs.

susiestar

Roll With It
Linda,

As I read this I thought about all the things we have seen ktbug do over the years. WOW! What an awesome young lady she is becoming. And so much growth has happened.

I think it would be worth getting up for to have that bit of "check in" time with your daughter. Even if it has to be before 6!!!

Give her a hug, she really is becoming a woman!! but lets hope she takes her time to experience adolescence first!!

hugs to you,

Susie

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Susie,

Thanks for reminding me to look at the good ~ I get so buried in ktbug's past antics that I'm always looking out for a dissociative state, a meltdown about to occur or her huge manipulations.

This was & is a morning ritual. I need to let go of my concerns & fears.

I will enjoy this ritual as long as it continues. I'm big into family rituals & events; this will become another.

Again, thank youl