Our New News!!!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Well N has been still so sad over little Moose... Indy. So we had kept in contact with breeders. Well we wanted one from the Mother and Father. But Jewel the Mom had to wait a year before they were looking to breed her again, so we a deposit in for the same Father but different Mom...
Last Thursday I wrote to them and was just wishing them a Happy Spring. (Not here, it snowed 6 inches last night!)
I let them know that if Cassie threw a off litter like 6 females or whatever we would take a female... and also how upset N still was.
They wrote me back right away, their Daughter had taken the first pick female, Indies sister and was prepping her for show... she had gotten interested in getting and showing a Cocker, so having both would a bit too much, Indies sister, was not for sale to the public. But because of how bad they felt maybe we would be interested??? I think the Daughter is only 14 yo, she is so cute and mature!!!
So we talked about it and they sent pics...
The next day we talked some more, then we talked to the girls...
Long story short.
Sunday we drove down... And spent hours with the whole family... the daughter just wants to show Cockers and this would give her the money, she loves the dog though and was very sad...
But our girls LOVE her!!!
So we got her!!!
She is just like Indy, but a little girl...
She is a little skittish, in a kennel, show dog kind of way... We had Rotties when I was with my Dad for a few years and one of them was a show dog, he was just like this... they don't teach them to sit and keep them very alert... they are very high strung. I think she will get over it quickly, she is not house trained at all... but I think these things will be overcome fast!

I hope!!! She is 5 months... she wants to learn. She is like taking a city kid to the farm... they didn't have any snow. She is in heaven... and they were not retrieving with here, so we have been doing it non-stop for 2 days...
She is a little lover and cuddler....

Miss Clementine... it was Brook. Oh my darlin'

Clemey... Clemey Sue!!!

Coookie

You post brought tears to my eyes. :( :) While this new addition will not replace your lost little love, it will help. One of my sweeties (Tisha) was hit by a car when difficult child was little and he said he didn't ever want another pet but husband and I decided we needed to get another cat and it really did help.

Hugs to your new baby and you. :)

meowbunny

Aw! Congrats. It really grates me when people don't socialize show dogs. Hopefully, the skittishness is just lack of handling, not an inherent personality flaw. The potty training will be easy.

One of the great things about dogs is that they truly love to please. She'll quickly become your family dog in every way she can.

Can't wait to see her pics.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Clemey is beautiful! I'm sure being a part of a family will socialize her much quicker. Just a shame in my mind when a dog can't "live" with and be a part of the family........Clemey is lucky she got YOU........

susiestar

Roll With It
OHHHHHH!! SUch a beauty!!!!

She will have a much happier REAL life with you and all the love, than she would have as a "show" dog and not trained to be part of a family.

At 5 months she is easily going to adjust to you all, and she will be as happy and you are with her!!!

What a lucky happenstance.

Susie

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
She's beautiful. And it's wonderful news for all of you. Your post made happy tears leak down my cheeks.:laughing:

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
She is already calming down a lot more... she needs to get around other dogs more... our neighbor dog is out of town for a couple days still... she and I were out on the town running errands, and she got lots of love today and treats!!!
She is adjusting fast!!!
She is lying on my lap right now snuggling!!! She is SO sweet!
She is a little piddler... but I think we can work on that, I will take her out... she goes. Come in go out, etc. She goes in the house!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I hope you have better luck with house training her than we're having with the foster pup.:tongue: If Gracie wasn't so darn lovable I'd have probably strangled her by now. She's eager, but evidently not too bright in the "you only go outside" dept.

I've tried every thing I know from treats and lavish praise to regulating food and water (she's not deprived of either though), to making her stay out longer.

She'll go just fine outside. But not long after you bring her in she goes again.

I keep major spot cleaning cuz I'd rather not shampoo completely til she gets the idea or goes to her forever home.

But I swear, I've never had it take more than a couple of weeks for a dog (no matter their age) to get house training. Gracie's has been in the process for almost 3 months.

Glad to hear she's making the adjustment well. I love cuddlers. Betsy is a major cuddler. lol

Hugs

Marguerite

She is beautiful, I love that colour. There are times I really miss not having fur babies. husband is a cat person but won't have one because we live too close to wilderness and endangered animals. Because we have no carnivorous pets we do get visited a lot by possums (which I love) and deer (which are beautiful but destructive). When we were coming home late on Monday night we saw the deer herd feasting on a neighbour's bin - he had put it early for next morning's collection and it was tipped over, with the deer ripping open a plastic bag of lettuce scraps. There would have been about a dozen of them.

Enjoy your dog.

Marg

I'm so HAPPY for you, husband, and the kids!!! What a beautiful "furry" baby!!! Thanks for sharing a picture of her with us. I just LOVE dogs!!!

Congratulations on the newest addition to your family!!! WFEN:D

TerryJ2

Ohhh, how nice! You love her as part of the family already.
With housebreaking she'll move into your hearts even faster.
hugs.