Over 40 but acts 14...

lovemysons

lol, no I'm not talking about someone I know I'm referring to my difficult child Skin! I'm trying to find a good facial moisturizer that won't cause me to break out any more than I already do.

So whats your secret skin care product?
I need one!

lovemysons

Star*

call 911........call 911
QVC sells Signature A eye cream and Face cream. It's WONDERFUL and there is a day and night solution that is JUST dreamy and takes the ohhh out of crows feet.

I also LOVE LOVE LOVE.....Olay regenerist. I have rosacea so this stuff is mild and good. I also use the bare minerals makeup and it has never made my skin ugly.

Looking 10 years younger than I do....and loving it!

I thank God for my Mom making us have a skin care regime - it used to just kill me to hear Stay out of the sun, use sun screen, wear a hat, did you put on your oil of olay....and I'll tell ya...My mom is 70 and looks 50 ish....her skin according to the dermatologist is FANTASTIC....he guessed her at 51. She uses the same stuff I do.

Signature A all the way.

Ohhh and Alpha Kerri in the tub.

Lothlorien

Do you moisturize after you wash your face? That's important to do. Otherwise your skin will produce more oil to compensate.

Also, when applying makeup...use a make up applicator and not your fingers. Your fingers rub bacteria into your pores. Change them frequently, too.

I use Regenerist too. It's a good moisturizer that doesn't leave your skin oily or greasy. The old fashioned Oil of Olay didn't cut it for me..it was like applying water to my face.

I used to buy Loreal, but I had a really bad allergic reaction to it, even though it's supposed to be hypoallergenic.

lovemysons

Thanks Star!

I think I'll take easy child daughter with me this afternoon to look for the Olay regenerist...May even try the bare essentials if I can find it at Ulta, not sure where to buy it.

The cleanser I use has Benzoyl Peroxide in it and is VERY drying. I have to have something to help keep my skin clear but that won't dry it out so much.

As far as foundations I'd love to find something that covers well since I have uneven skin tone with freckles and yet won't overdry or cause breakouts.

I have 40 year old difficult child skin. It is so difficult to find the right products and costly to try so many of them out first.
Hoping more of you have some tips for me so that I don't end up spending too much money shopping for the "right" products. I know some stores will let me take back foundation that is the wrong color but I don't think they'll let me do that with cleansers and moisturizers.

thanks in advance,
lovemysons

lovemysons

Thanks Lothlorien,

So that's TWO VOTES for Regenerist, good deal.

Yah, I am using the Loreal Age Perfect moisturizer and it is NOT behaving on my skin at all.

susiestar

Roll With It
Regenerist is good, but I like Aveeno daily radiance better. I think I have a skin calming Aveeno in the bathtub.

Bare Minerals is THE ONLY way to go for makeup. Ulta has it and a pretty good selection. They will even show you how to use it. If you remember my visit I showed you the loose powder makeup I had, that was bare minerals. I just a month ago had to buy more, it lasts and lasts and lasts.

For the acne, have you tried the walmart version of proactive? It helps me and jess both.

Hugs,

Susie

LittleDudesMom

Tammy,

I'm a real fan of aveda face products found at aveda salons or online. I have really sensative skin and even have to be careful about my shampoo since it runs off my hair and onto my face.

Aveda has a great over 40 moisturizer and eye cream (with crushed tourmaline) as well as a wonderful sensative skin moisturizer. The eye creams are very rich and I could definately tell a difference in the health of my skin since I started using both the eye cream and the face cream. They have a wonderful mint body cream that is heavenly in the winter.

The moisturizer and eye cream run about $30 each but last several months. I use the dual fondation which you can use as a powder and apply with a brush for light coverage, or with a damp makeup sponge for more coverage. It provides a wonderful natural even coverage. It runs about $15. Check your yellow pages for a hair salon that sells aveda products. If you are unsure, the makeup/skincare gal can give you samples of the products to use at home for a few days, or you can purchase and then return if you don't like it or you have a reaction to it. That's one of the reasons I tried it the first time and then, I got hooked!

Sharon

P.S. Since my skin gets really dry, especially in the winter, I have found the best way to clense my face is with the good old fashioned Ponds. It has a great moistureizing benefit after clensing and my face does not dry out with Ponds. Best benefit though - it's really cheap!!

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
It's funny I don't use any kind of product on my face on a regular basis. Just periodically and it looks pretty young. I also am not a makeup person either. Only special occaisions. I just use water in the shower. Otherwise I let nature have its way. I have been pretty lucky.

Guess I am really not much help but just water seems to do well for me.

Beth

Star*

call 911........call 911
Tam,

Try getting a referral to a good dermatologist. My son was given a product called Clenia for acne, and on the package it said for Rosacea. It smells a little strong, but I'll tell you what...I went from cauliflower cheeks to smooth in less than a month and NO acne. It's formulated to clear up acne but difficult child wasn't "into" doing a facial wash, much less a shower. When I read the bottle and saw for Rosacea I was curious.

Also - I use the bare minerals to look a little healthier....not like a harlot. Although I think if you put enough of it on you could probably look cakey.

Good luck (don't know what ULTA is) but sounds like a fun place.

OK, my face has the texture of an avocado. Bumpy and nasty. I can wash it 3X a day (and I often do) and it is still greasy. I have zits everywhere, and burst capillaries on my cheekbones.

I use nutrogena (it is blue with little bead things in it and it cools your face as you wash) to wash and oil of olay moisturizer.

I almost never wear makeup. I am almost 40 and still fighting acne.

On the positive side, my face is nice and plump. I should not have to worry about wrinkles for awhile.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Guess I'm weird. Or have super oily skin. :bag:

I use safeguard antibacterial soap.

If I don't, I look like a 12 yr old with hormone surge. If I even consider a moisturizer or lotion of any sort....I become zit Queen. I can't use any of the acne cleansers because I'm allergic (horrifically) to all that I've tried.

I do better on the Loreal makeup than any other I've tried yet. But I don't use makeup much, so don't worry about it.

BBK I got to be zit free for about 5 yrs, then menopause hit and it was like going thru puberty again. :thumbsdown: