Overwhelmed and scared by teen son

pepperidge

Wow. You showed so much courage and I am so glad that you were able to help your son in time.

As a mom who has sort been there, one of the very hardest if not the hardest day in my life was watching the transporters take my son off to wilderness. It was terrible. He went willingly but then we got the letters which you can imagine. While he still complains about it it has turned his life around and he recognizes it. Your son will come to that point too, but right now he needs help. You will be there for him. Probably the rage was more a product of his total anger at his friend and at himself. Stay strong. You really did the right thing.

tiredmommy

I'm glad he's safe. And for the record, you are the one that saved his life. You. He may be angry right now but you absolutely did the right thing. He will forgive you, himself and his best friend in time. Your girls are frightened, I'm sure, and they need to know that Leo is okay and they are safe.

H

HaoZi

You can just tell the school that he's in the hospital and maybe pick up some work for him so he doesn't fall behind too much (provided he'll do the work, but that's another issue, at least he'll have the option). For now you've removed him from being able to immediately harm himself and get help, and that's a good thing no matter how bad he tries to make you feel about it.

Teens ARE good at hiding this stuff when they want to. I was a cutter. My sis was a cutter. We hid it, too. We had our own reasons for doing it, but I get it. I stopped when I got tattoos instead. When I learned sis was doing it (about a decade after I had, she's a lot younger than me and we weren't raised together), I mentioned it and my solution worked for her, too. I'm not going to suggest you drag him to the nearest ink studio, but if you're not totally opposed you could offer to buy him one when he's 18, a memorial tat for his friend (when he's in a better frame of mind). Picking a good studio is something else, and if you want to PM me on how to pick a good (safe) place I'll happily help you out. If you're against it in any way, shape, or form, I won't be offended. I only mention it because it is something that worked for us and might give him something in the future to look forward to and plenty of time to find the right place and right design/portrait.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}

I'm glad you got him help. And tm was right - YOU saved him! If you had not come to us - we wouldn't have been able to give you any info at all - and YOU did the work, talking to him, having him transported. And it's much, much better to have him hate you (though like it's been said, it's not you; you are the symbol of what he hates) than have him not around at all.

I do think your girls need you. Sometimes finances are shaky, but, well... Just something that's usually higher priority, Know what I mean??

About what HaoZi said - if not a tattoo - could be anything. But that is a thought, and quite a good one.