Packing party for Abbey

F

flutterbee

Everyone grab a box - and heck, a drink or two, too - and let's give Abbey a hand.

Who's got the music?

easy child brought home a sombrero from Chi Chi's recently when he helped his friend move. I'm wearing it....just for kicks. So, everyone grab your packing hat, or your party hat, or a lampshade if that's all you have and let's get this party started.

Packing calls for pizza and subs. We have vegetarian, Hawaiian (cause we're soooo jealous of gvcmom right now :D ), plain old pepperoni and build your own subs!

Andy

I'm there - bringing packing boxes - I'll help with the kitchen.

Pizza and subs sound great - I will bring garlic cheese bread sticks and dipping sauce.

I helped my mom and dad move last summer. I teased her that she was just like a mom - made me pack up one weekend and the next had me unpack what I had packed. :) :rofl:

Abbey

Spork Queen
Awww...you guys are great. I could use a good party. Just got back from cleaning out our storage unit.

Let's see...I could bring some music. We could all do the cha-cha slide!

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm game. I'm bringing extra cheese and mushrooms for both pizzas and subs. Have to have oodles of cheese on pizza. lmao I'm gonna help Adrianne with the kitchen as it's the worst room to pack. in my opinion And I can be closer to the food. :rofl:

everywoman

I just ran to the store and picked up some bubble wrap---don't worry I put it on husband's tab. That way, all those breakable Abby is packing with clothes will be safer. I'm too pooped from grandson's birthday yesterday to fix anything---but I have lots of leftover bdcake.

4sumrzn

I've got some extra boxes!!!!! A good salad is always good with pizza....I'll bring that & some summer-time fruity drinks!!!!!!! Cha-Cha slide......I still can't do that one, but it will be entertainment watching me try! LOL!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ha! I'd love some bubble wrap right now, but am too cheap to buy it.

I'm on my 15 minute break. Geez. easy child is sleeping, husband is playing Warcraft...I've been packing for the last 2 hours...I just want this to get done.

It is kind of nice to go through ALL of your contents and say, "Why in the world did I keep this?"

Abbey

N

Nomad

I really like your fun attitude!
Yep...bubble wrap is always a blast!
Enjoy your party fun and wishing you good luck and happiness always!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Thank you for the offer. The kitchen is reduced to paper plates, plastic silverware, etc. No cooking going on anytime soon!! If I can't microwave it...it's not going to happen. ;)

Abbey

Andy

O.K. I am taking a working break. Who wants to join me? Get out your warrior outfits. We are going to take the Warcraft away from husband - hand him some boxes and send him to the garage with very strict instructions to get busy packing. Then to easy child's room to hand boxes and take whatever games he has away - he can either do his own room or help his dad.

:warrior::warrior::warrior::warrior:

And, since the kitchen is done, I will stand guard of the paper products and arrange the food that volunteers are bringing in. :) :rofl: :rofl:

Just kidding - I will go through the house and pack up all DVD's, VHS's, electronic games, ect. Keeping Abbey's seperate so she can use whenever she wants.

TerryJ2

I've got some wide transparent packing tape. Good stuff.

Here's some iced tea. I can add to it and make it Long Island if you want.

Shades of your packing, last night I cleaned out 2 cupboards, in prep for one cupboard to be ripped out of the ceiling. It's hanging by a thread of caulking, and the screws are ripping out from above. I can't wait for a new one! Found some weird stuff I was saving because I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings by getting rid of it, and everyone said, "I couldn't care less." Hmpf. Can't imagine why an 11-yr-old and 17-yr-old wouldn't want their old Barney sippie cups any more ...

Tiapet

Old Hand
*promptly finds the bubble wrap and finds a really big piece and sits down with it* pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop........*

Ohhhhh, you mean you didn't bring it to the party for some fun? Oh my bad, darn it.

I guess I have to pack something then or better yet, is there and area that can now be cleaned? I can do that! :) I brought some 7up and fruit juices to make a punch (for those that don't drink alcohol like myself), so nobody spike the punch please unless you want to spike your own drink or make a second punch. I drink plenty because with this heat and so much packing/partying everyone is bound to be thirsty.

change

Hey Everybody!!! Take A Load Off Because I Just Got Here With My Strong Husband :its_all_good:And Three Huge Brothers!!!! They're Going To Finish The Job While We Have Drinks Together!!! :wine::cheers::beautifulthing:....where do I tell them to put the ice chest??? ;)

F

flutterbee

WOO HOO!!! I LOVE it when the men work and the women 'supervise'. :D

I say we form a Conga Line and aim for husband and easy child for a good old fashioned kick in the rear to get them moving.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Change, I'll PM you my address. They can have a fun filled weekend in Vegas and help me move. ;)

Seriously, I just got home from packing all morning, then going to work, then doing the father's day dinner, then some friends who are having yet another 'last hooray.' So, it's 10pm, and I'm having a glass of wine then going to bed. husband is still there, easy child...who knows where he is, and the birds are covered up. IT'S QUIET!!!

(Actually, it's not a glass of wine...I'm just drinking straight out of the bottle right now.)

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I don't want to hear about packing! We have until July 20 ish... N has been asking every day multiple times, "Can I bring this, can I bring this?"
I hate packing... I have found myself figuring out ways to "get rid" of lots of stuff!!!
And why does Family want to show up now??? We have 3 sets showing up at different times!
Can I come hide out with you Abbey? I will bring the snacks and some wine??? Maybe by the time I go home the move will be done at my house...

Abbey

Spork Queen
Toto...I have an extra room where I am moving. You can hide there.

husband is FINALLY realizing that we have far more stuff than the van he ordered. You know what...I'm not dealing with that. He's such a nerd that he sectioned off a place in our garage the size of the van today. HAHAHAHA...Not going to happen.:rofl: He can figure that out. I'm doing ALL the packing, he can deal with the rest.

Abbey