Pain doctor appointment today...wow wee

DammitJanet

You should have seen what I saw today in the parking lot at my pain management clinic. This so called mother (I call her that because I dont know what else to call her) was beating and screaming at her two kids for almost 5 hours. The kids were 2 and 3. Number one they shouldnt have even been there but she was dragging the little 3 year old girl around by her long brown hair slapping her around screaming at her that she was going to beat her until she broke her back. The relatives with them were absolutely nuts. Screaming and yelling cuss words in the parking lot and threatening the clinic. It was awful. And no, none of us called the cops or anything because you dont want to get involved when you are in that waiting room. We all did just stare at each other and whisper back and forth. It was absolutely frightening.

When I finally got back in to see the doctor...a new one this time, they changed my maintenance medications again. Im off plain morphine sulfate and on this new medication called exalgo. Its a 24 hour long acting form of hydromorphone. I seem to do better with medications starting with hydro so I am hoping that this one works out well. Taking it one time a day should be good too. I like that idea too. Lets hope my pain drops some. I am really tired of not being able to do anything. Of course, the whole mood in my house isnt helping things either.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Wow. Staff didn't call the cops? Or was this totally outside?

I hope the new pain medication works wonderfully.

Hugs

LittleDudesMom

I am shocked that the staff didn't step in! I would have gone to the ladies room and called the cops myself - that way no one would have known it was me!

Fingers crossed this new medication opens the doors a little for you Janet - I know you miss be more active.

Sharon

buddy

I am shocked that someone didn't call when leaving the clnic, no one would have known then....I always think that will happen to me when Q acts up in a public space.. I woudn't blame anyone, he sounds so awful at those times and I am sure people have no clue why it is happening.

really hope the new medications work for you Janet. Would be nice for you to catch a break here.

Lothlorien

Sheesh, I hate to think what happens to those kids behind closed doors, since they were so willing to display that type of behavior in front of people. What aren't we seeing?

I hope the new medications help, Janet.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Honestly, who cares about 'getting involved'? I wouldn't have hesitated and in fact, I have called the cops before on stuff like this. As responsible human beings, that's what we're supposed to do. Who the hell else is going to protect those children and remove them from their harmful family?!

Hope the new pain medications work for you, you're overdue for some relief.

keista

H&R I agree in principle, but there are places in this country where if you get involved, you get dead. I'd like to say I would have called to report it, but can't say for sure if I would.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
H&R I agree in principle, but there are places in this country where if you get involved, you get dead. I'd like to say I would have called to report it, but can't say for sure if I would.

In private or speak with the receptionist, but something is better than nothing. Janet, I'm not picking on you, you know best the climate where you were, but I just find it appalling that not ONE person had the guts to do the right thing by those children, not even the staff!!!

InsaneCdn

Is there no anonymous tip line?
We have that here.
Even just date, time range, make/model of vehicles, description of people and activities...
Somebody taking the call can flag it for a "drive by" (anonymous tip of crime in progress)... the cops then see it happening, and react to what they see (they do NOT come in with lights on etc. as though responding to a call)

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm going to beat you until your back breaks? I hope she does. I hope she beats that little girl until she dies so she doesn't have to continue to grow up in a life where she hears things like that anymore. Because if no one is willing to call the police, or get involved and stand up for a child whose parents are that abusive? Then my statement should not shock anyone in the hopes that she dies a quick death early. My statement is just -----humane.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I'm going to beat you until your back breaks? I hope she does. I hope she beats that little girl until she dies so she doesn't have to continue to grow up in a life where she hears things like that anymore. Because if no one is willing to call the police, or get involved and stand up for a child whose parents are that abusive? Then my statement should not shock anyone in the hopes that she dies a quick death early. My statement is just -----humane.

What a way to go, huh? And how many beatings will that child have to withstand before she is *finally* released into the peace that is death?

DammitJanet

This waiting room is about the size of a regular persons homes family room. Maybe 12 foot by 16 foot I am guessing. If it is wider it might be 14 by 20. No more. We are packed in there with let me think closely 8 chairs going down the outside wall, 3 chairs and the two water fountains and the door to the bathroom on the wall directly across. 5 chairs and a small corner table on the very back wall. Then rows of chairs with two chairs each up to the front where there is only one. I think there are 4 rows of chairs. It is a very small waiting room. This woman and her child were blocking the access to the bathroom and the water fountains. The waiting room was packed full. The staff is completely behind locked doors and closed windows. Inside we have no clue who these people are or what their names are or what patient they are with. We are called by numbers. Yesterday I was number 15. The only people who could have possibly known who these people were are the staff. If anyone in the waiting room had pulled out a phone and called the police and that woman flipped out, she could have seriously injured many of the really ill patients in that small room. I doubt the staff would have been able to get out there fast enough to stop it.

InsaneCdn

This was inside the waiting room???
I thought it was outside in the parking lot, and you saw it thru the window!!!

And staff did nothing???

Can you imagine what happens in private when no one is watching? The poor kids......they're babies! You would thing the dr. would have some responsibility for what goes on in and around his office! Especially something like that.

I'm glad that you're pain is being managed and hopefully there's some relief in sight!

witzend

Five hours?:surprise:

Aren't the staff mandatory reporters? I would have given them h e - - for not doing anything about that.

Have you seen anyone about the results of your MRI yet?

DammitJanet

No one has called me for the appointment. I have an appointment with my gp in 2 more months so if they havent called me by then I will ask them again. It can take awhile to get in though so I imagine they are working on it.

Well THEY said they had been there for 5 hours. I got there at 1 pm and left at 4. They left at 3. They screamed at everyone that they had been there for 5 hours.

susiestar

Roll With It
Anonymous tip lines are SOOOOOOOO NOT. Not only do they pressure you for your information no matter WHAT you tell them, they also trace the number and they DO come and see you if you hang up. I know because I tried to report my bro anon and a neighbor. I gave in on my bro because I could hear the woman telling cops to come to our addy and I did NOT want to deal with that as I lived with my parents at the time. I let them come to my house about the neighbor and the cops were horrible to me - near abusive about me being a coward and not coming forth and so on. I know neighbors called too because they flat out said they had 4 calls from our neighborhood but most of my neighbors were not so cowardly and all that.

So I don't blame Janet for not calling. If cops can find out who you are, that info goes to the def atty or defendant if there is a trial or even any charges. It is just not always safe.

I do think the staff should have done something.

InsaneCdn

I guess that depends on where you live, then... the TIPS line here is 100% anonymous.
In fact, it isn't even run by the police - its run by a not-for-profit, which is partially funded by a number of separate police forces.

Most of the time, the info coming in is after-the-fact.
And they are not able to act on a tip that would require the testamony of the caller, to deal with a crime in progress. They can't get a search warrent, for example, based on an anonymous tip.
What the calls do provide is either background, or clues as to where to look for X or Y happening.
Police take the info, and make their own observations, and prosecute based on that.

When I suggested the TIPS line, I understood this to be happening in the parking lot only. In which case, call after you leave but while it is still going on, and (here) the Police will show up, "observe", and make their own judgement call.

Happening in a medical office? Can't really call TIPS for that, because it's possible for somebody to figure out who was there, whether the police release info or not. It should have been reported - at least to CPS - by the medical staff. BUT... that may have happened, and nobody present would have known. CPS doesn't usually (around here) come sweeping in - they move slower than that.