Pain doctor appointment today...wow wee

DammitJanet

Well I couldnt have called anyway, I left my phone at home by mistake. Normally I take it with me so I can play games on it to pass the time but I forgot it on the charger.

susiestar

Roll With It
IC, here the line to report child abuse claims that you can report totally anonymously with no repercussions and it is run by DHS (our child protection agency) but they dispatch via the 911 dispatchers and not only do they pressure you to give personal info and log your phone number and call that number over and over and over, they also send cops to you and even threaten you with prosecution for not givng your name or being willing to testify if called - and they push HARD. This is NOT what I have been told, all I have been told is that it is anonymous, there is no pressure for your info, blah blah blah. I have EXPERIENCED all of this and it really soured me and makes me wonder how people can call if they are afraid oft he parents. If a parent will beat their own child, what would keep them from going after anyone else, Know what I mean????

InsaneCdn

It definitely varies from one are to another... We've used our line here, and ours is definitely exactly advertised. And does NOT use any police staff whatsoever. (I'm wondering if perhaps that is the key?)

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
IC... Here if there is a suspicion of abuse, CPS will show up, usually not alone but there you have it. If anyone mentions a weapon, the police accompany them.

BUT - if there is a 911 call to report DV in progress - 911 is the cops.

InsaneCdn

ugh is right. That totally goes against the whole concept of a tips line!
Granted - our tip is staffed with a fair number of retired/recycled officers and police support staff. They have their buddies and contacts on the force. And they know what to ask. But... they are there as a LEGAL filter between the tipster and the police. They know that if that anonymity is EVER broken, the whole TIPS line concept is dead.