Pain in rib cage under right breast

Wanted to see what you guys think, I will see the Dr. next week. Tues evening I suddenly got a pain that felt like something went down the wrong pipe. Uncomfortable. By the next day, it started hurting in the same place when I swallowed my coffee. My throat is not sore, just the pain in the right quadrant.

I started Zoloft last week, but no new medication changes. Web MD leads me to believe maybe my gallbladder?
I'm pretty healthy, just saw Dr. last week, he felt raising my serotonin would probably help me sleep, thus the Zoloft. Other than that, all general blood tests came back normal.

Any ideas what this could be??

Blessings,

Julie

keista

Just reading the title I was thinking gallbladder. BFF had her's out quite a few years ago, same regional pain.

Funny asking us before the doctor. :)

donna723

I had the same kind of pain once, came up in just a day or so and was so bad I could hardly breathe. I had to have my son take me to the ER because I couldn't drive. They assumed that it was my gall bladder and did an ultrasound, and then they came in and did the whole ultrasound again! It didn't show anything with the gall bladder at all! Turned out to be pleurisy that was causing a very similar pain - don't know if I spelled that right. After several days of strong antibiotics and anti-inflammatories, it did get much better.

InsaneCdn

If it kind of feels like indigestion... it could be heart.
Us gals often don't get classical symptoms of heart problems... it shows up in other more subtle ways.

susiestar

Roll With It
I don't know much about gall bladders, but if it gets any worse at all, please get to the ER or an Urgent Care place. I hope you feel better soon!

buddy

I agree, dont wait if it continues or gets worse, you just never know....

But, I have had gall bladder pain (not anymore, it is gone) and I thought I'd die..... sweating, couldn't have even clothes touch me (of course this was an attack, not the symptoms leading up to it which would be milder).... what I remember and have heard many times from others is the shooting pain into my rt. shoulder blade area. It really traveled there and yeah, I lived in fear of that pain coming back daily until they took it out. I was excited for surgery. Usually I would hate it but boy I never wanted to feel that level of pain again. (wish I could say I never did but at least it was twenty years later and obviously a different thing)

It could be that you pulled a muscle while you slept on it funny. Have it checked out even it's gone, hugs!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Best to have it checked, but that's also where my gall bladder pain hit. Usually was about 2 hours or so after a fatty meal. The pain can radiate to your back/shoulder blades. It got pretty bad for me -- about an 8 out of 10 at one point. Didn't matter what position I took, could not get the pain to subside for several hours. My GI ordered an MRI and confirmed it was packed with gallstones and I had it removed just this past December. Surgery was done laparoscopically and wasn't too bad at all.

Giulia

Could be a ton of things.
But if you have heart risk factors, be extra careful, because it could also be the heart.
No no, a heart attack in women does not necessarily involve a brutal massive chest pain : in women, symptoms are more often than not much more subtle and overlooked (the doctor says to consult a psychiatrist, whereas the woman has a heart attack).
So don't let your pain go, because it can be ton of things.

I had chest pain when I had a pericarditis. First, shortness of breath, then chest pain all over my chest. Like a ton of needles inside.
Turned out it was a pericarditis.
One month and a half in bed + aspirin (that or it was heart failure).
Finally, I could heal after a month and a half in bed and no effort (and the cardiologist could not believe that without even knowing what it was, not having even read anything, I found the right treatment alone the first time I caught that stuff).