Paint? Decorating? Not my thing but yours?

DDD

I'm in a lousy mood today. Ace (yes, he is already on Prozac!) ate the corner of the computer center that is in full view of the world. The carpet cleaners say that due to his accidents they "can't guarantee" getting the carpet clean.........so I've ordered new laminate! I plan to have the LR painted and try to look fresh and ready when we have all six adult kids and a number of out of State grandkids here the first week in October. I have told husband that Ace is going to be fixed when the floor is done. He is not happy about that. So sad. Too bad.

Don't sound like my usual nice self, do I?? :redface:

Anyway I have been looking on the internet for some "up" "easy" decor sites that will inspire me on how to use paint and a little creativity to end up ok. In the past some of you have stated "my favorite site is...". Could you please repeat? I need to "see" something basically tradional and yet perked up. May it will perk me up! I think I'm going to try "toasted coconut" "cafe latte" or "soft suede" for the walls. Thanks. DDD

klmno

I don't know of any web sites, but I'm in a design profession. I can't remember the name of the color palette that is in style lately (especially in Fl) but it includes soft greens, lime green, salmon, and colors along those lines. These look good with traditional furnishings, I think.

Good luck on the floor- I'd sure try getting the carpet cleaned before footing the cost of a whole new flooring....unless you've been wanting to do that anyway!

donna723

A while back I found a Sherwin Williams paint site that I've been playing with. They have hundreds of different colors. They show sample rooms and you can find the one closest to the style yours is and then try out the colors. It suggests several trim colors for every wall color and you can try them all out and play around with them.

Maybe could you go to Home Depot or Lowes, they sell all kinds of decorating magazines. Leaf through a couple, I garantee you'll find some great ideas, color combinations etc...

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I hate to let you down, but laminate flooring is NOT the best bet. Pet urine or other liquids can seep through the tiny gaps in the flooring and into the "felt" underneath.

You still have the retained odor issue that will draw the pet back to the same spot and in addition the floor may start to buckle or get soft in used spots.

Your best bet is either real tile, or even roll vinyl flooring.

The latter is very nice looking (by the way, NO floor cleaning will guarantee getting rid of pet odors.

Re Ace: this dog has a lot of issues. I would lay odds he was used as a stud dog and missed out on both his socialization.

He sounds to be extremely anxious. Unfortunately, you have three options: re-home him to an environment where the soiling is not a problem, Set up an outdoor environment for him, which may be a problem depending on your climate and his anxiety levels, or keep him crated at all times when He cannot be closely supervised.

I wish I had happier advice, but I don't really.

KTMom91

I'm a big fan of blues and beiges...beach type, calming colors. My living room is a grayish blue, with cream walls and trim.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Lowe's sells a simple program with lots of colors - you take a picture of the room, upload it, and you can "paint" it what ever color you like, along with the trim, ceilings etc. I think I paid 4.99 for it. It was a good bargan because I was going to paint the den, aka the Ode to Yoda room, a yellow color and it looked terrible.

Marcie

susiestar

Roll With It
I believe it is Home Depot that advertises having samples of every color so that you can try them before you buy them.

When you get a sample, paint an area of wall approx 12 inches square. let it dry and see if you like it a few days later.

I put up about 8 different colors when trying to decide what to paint the living room. The one I thought I really LOVED dried to the color my dad refers to as "baby s#$$ brown". I was SOOO glad I did NOT paint an entire wall that color, LOL!!!

Good luck!!

If you go to hgtv they ahve a LOT of design shows. The website www.hgtv.com has full episodes of some shows also.