Painting, sweating, escaping...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I agreed to paint easy child/difficult child 3's room this summer. The fun all began last weekend and is just a never ending party! Not. I'm hot. I'm sweaty. I'm wishing it was done already. And the rest of my house is a disaster because of course since I'm busy working on her room, nobody else could possibly do any of the other work around the house without me directing and supervising the job. I'm just happy if easy child and difficult child 2 can keep from fighting for more than a 1/2 hour so I can do a little work at a time (difficult child 1 is away at camp until Friday).

Anyway, I've got the top section of the walls done (she wanted a border of one color on the upper 1/3 (White Truffle) and another down below (Purple Essence)), and the first coat mostly done on the bottom of the walls. Then I gotta do the baseboards, doors and trim, and the shelves that go up at the top of her walls). There's a water stain on her ceiling that I have to cover and then I guess I'll have to paint the ceiling as well (dreading and saving that for last). Hoping to get it all done by this weekend because I'm sick of having all her stuff in the rest of the house!

On the upside for today, I'm going to see "Mama Mia" tonight with a bunch of girlfriends, then to a restaurant for a bite to eat! I'm really, REALLY looking forward to that :D

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I'll come paint for you. Lock me in and I promise not to complain, so long as you don't make me go home...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
...or how 'bout I just send my difficult child's to YOUR house Shari and then I can paint distraction-free?!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Why the heck not. My world is chaos right now, anyway, what's a few more? I'll go borrow a bunch of chairs from school and they can just sit in the living room and throw them around... :)

Send 'em on.

You gotta take 'em next week while I clean up, tho.

TerryJ2

Ohh, neat, I want to see that!

Lucky kid. She has no idea what a cool mom she has and what a cool rm she will have!

I painted easy child's rm last yr, too. She was into the Victoria's Secret look, so we did pink-on-pink stripes on facing walls, and fat pastel polka-dots on the other two. Although she was supposed to help, I ended doing most of the work (no surprise there). I will say that once she got going, it was amazing how fast she worked. Ah, to be young and flexible again!

I hope it goes smoothly. Surely, you will have earned your movie reward.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Shari, I'm sorry -- I forgot the chaos going at your place now... You come on over any time -- you don't even have to paint. I'll pour you a glass of wine and you can tell me if I've missed any spots! Then when I'm finished, we can zip over to Disneyland since I live close by and spend the day in Fantasyland, where all kids are easy child's and all husband's are princes, and our fairy godmothers grant our every wish :D

Terry -- I bet your easy child's room looks awesome! When difficult child 2 heard I was going to paint for easy child, he of course wanted his room done too. He's into cammo and wanted his whole room done in blue camouflage. I managed to convince him ONE wall in that design would be much cooler! I have NO idea when that nightmare will start, but hopefully it's after school's back in session and there's no one around to distract me...

Oh yeah, and I asked difficult child 1 if he wanted his room painted -- Nope, I like it just the way it is (white with dirt smudges) -- this coming from the kid who has no qualms about showering without soap or shampoo and wearing the same pair of dirty jeans for a week or more if I let him.

KTMom91

When you're done with the bedroom, can you come and help me finish the bathroom? Since my knee is all messed up, Hubby has forbidden me to climb ladders or balance on the side of the tub to paint. But because I need a project, I'm refinishing two Adirondack rocking chairs for the deck Hubby is supposed to build. After the bathroom is finished, we can sit in the pretty chairs and sip margaritas.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Ahhh, but the REAL question is how reliable is your husband for getting his own projects done? 'Cuz there ain't no use bustin' our behinds on the bathroom when there's no deck to put the pretty chairs with our behinds and blended 'ritas on!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Okay, I'm comin' over. Lessee... SoCal to Central Cal... if I leave now, I oughta be there by midnight... I can paint all night, we can party tomorrow afternoon, then I can be back in time Friday to pick difficult child 1 up from camp near Palmdale!

Plug in that blender and gitcher pitcher ready!

klmno

Well, I did that a couple of times- all I can say is- have you learned your lesson yet? LOL!!

I hope you have (had) a nice break! And, I hope you remember not to offer this again- I'm thinking there is no paint job in this house that cannot wait until difficult child is old enough to paint it himself. :)

KTMom91

No, no, no, klmno, you don't want a difficult child painting. Letting Miss KT paint left me with a mostly black room, with lime green trim, accented with the pale gold walls, white trim, and navy blue ceiling from the previous remodel, which was a celestial theme.

I think I'll just have to gut the room and start over.

klmno

Oh- I didn't actually think that difficult child would be picking out the colors...

It sounds like you have quite a creative daughter there when it comes to colors!!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I hope you have (had) a nice break!

Yes, I DID! The movie was a lot of fun -- wasn't sure where it was headed at first, but I ended up really liking it :) And the drinks with the girls afterwards was just what the doctor ordered :D

klmno

Good for you!! I'm glad you had a nice time and you got rejuvenated. Shoot- I might even paint a room to be able to have a girl's night out sometimes!