Parent/teacher conference

Californiablonde

For my son this time. Should be interesting. I am having the conference with his study skills teacher/case carrier. I already know his grades are good because I get them emailed to me every Friday. He is getting all A's and B's. I am more concerned about the behavior. Things I have heard from previous teachers, "Inability to focus, does not stay on task, talks out of turn. Says rude/innappropriate things to peers." I hope I don't hear more of the same. With difficult child 1 doing so poorly this year, I don't think I can take hearing anything negative about easy child/difficult child 2. I'm sick and tired (literally) and I am not in the mood to hear anything negative right now. So I hope this teacher goes easy on me and doesn't bombard me with negative info. His teachers in the past have had nothing but negative to say. Hopefully this year is different. Wish me luck. I really want to start this long weekend off on the right foot.

buddy

Well, it would be pretty hard to say he doesn't pay attention if he is getting grades like that .... I know Q can be on the other side of a room digging through legos but if the teacher in the group across the room says something that he is interested in or wrong, he will join in. He just has a different way of attending.

I hope you hear good news. It would be nice to have a happy meeting every now and then, right? Sounds like you have every right to be proud of him regardless!