Parents are accused of murdering child with oversode of Clonidine

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Oh, my. How horribly sad. :(

I wonder though, defense attorney is claiming pneumonia?? I wonder if state has evidence of a true lethal dose of medications, or are they just blaming the parents?

The article didn't really talk alot about the evidence in the case.

TerryJ2

Wow. I don't remember hearing about this one at all.
And now it's got my attention because we use that medication.
I would love to know how many mgs they used. And which other medications.
This sort of thing makes me wish there were Parenting Licenses.
Poor thing.

F

flutterbee

If they are both being charged with first degree murder, why is dad in jail and mom out on her own recognizance? That doesn't seem right.

Marguerite

Reading the report, it sounds to me like dad was the main controller of the situaiton, the mother just did what she was told. How many people (of either gender) in an abusive relationship, would do sometimes horrible things, purely because they are thoroughly controlled?

Not that I'm excusing the mother, but part of it also is - who is looking after the other kids? And which parent is the decision-maker? They probably considered that without the father telling her when to drug the kids, the mother left to manage without him would probably be a good parent and that under those circumstances is unlikely to reoffend.

I would like to think that the judge has made a sound, compassionate decision. UNless we had been in the courttoom, we really wouldn't know. Probably not even then.

Marg