Parents Are Recruits, Teachers Are Responsible, Kids Are Victims, and Schools Are Cul

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
That's a good article. And his suggestions work. I've seen it. difficult child 2 went from failing to B's... All because he had someone on his side.

difficult child 1 is capable but struggling. And she had some doozies for teachers and counselors this last year. But she got straight As the last half of the year. Is a supportive environment at home helping her? Yes.

All I can say is "Wow"!!

This gentleman really gets it. I started working with transitioning Special Education students 20 years ago and learned all about IEP's for the first time. It seemed to me then, and it still seems to me, that every student should have one. The curriculum should come to the student, not vice versa.... I thought to myself - how much more engaged could I have been in high school, if I studied the subjects for which I had a passion - in the way I preferred? High school was a complete waste of time for me - and I hate to say - for my sons as well.

Thanks for sharing this wonderful article. I wish he worked for our school system!