Parents magazine media request

JenMon

I'm a writer for Parents magazine who has been granted permission to post here. I'm writing an article about children with mood disorders, namely bipolar disorder, depression and oppositional defiant disorder. The purpose of the article is to educate parents about normal childhood behaviors and emotions - and ones that are atypical and might require help from a mental health professional.

The story will include profiles of 3 children (must be age 9 or younger) dealing with one of the disorders mentioned above, and I am hoping that some of you might be willing to share your child's story. For the profile, I will need to include your child's name, age, city/state, and possibly a photograph. If you are interested in participating in this story (or if you have any questions for me about the story), please contact me at:

Jeannette Moninger
[email protected]
317-865-3313 (EST)
http://www.jmoninger.com

Thank you!

Jeannette

DammitJanet

How wonderful!

As the parent of a grown kid with bipolar and a person with bipolar myself, I am thrilled to be seeing this subject covered in such a well respected parenting magazine.

I still read your magazine for tips with my grandchild.

I hope the parents on this site take advantage of this opportunity.

Steely

I sent you a private email with some of my writing. Glad to see this topic being in the press, it needs as much attention as it can get.

Star*

call 911........call 911
How about a NEXT month's story about Parents with Mood disorders who have raised children with the same, or WHAT TO EXPECT - and do a story later on about OLDER kids who were diagnosis early, and all therapy, schools, medicines failed?

There is a story to be told here - lots of them.

Thanks for your work! I used to get Parents - Loved it!

Star

nvts

Dear Jeanette:

Here's an idea for another article: How about the beurocratic nightmares that occur for our kids within the different school systems.

I'd personally nominate your for a Pulitzer if you could expose some of the underhanded practices that go on as well as the lack of respect often shown to the parents of such children!

If you need any "filler" info from the ODD perspective, feel free to PM me!

Have a great weekend!

Beth

Bugsy

My son's story is in this month's Parenting Magazine. A false name was used (Colleen Webster for me and AAron for my son). If you read it and are interested in the story or more information I will happy to answer any questions.

Bugsy's mom