Parents withholding vaccination shots

TerryJ2

That's the first death I've heard of in our generation.
I wonder why Germany has so many infected patients?

TerryJ2

So much for Joe Blow on the street. This is a CDC doctor. The fudged/omitted data was a 3-point-something difference, but to those it affects, it's a;; the difference in the world. In addition, it is a doctor admitting that he and CDC lied, which begs the question of what else they have lied about.
All immunizations have a risk-benefit ratio, as do all drugs. But if the public, and medical doctors themselves do not have the correct info, how can we make an informed decision?

TerryJ2

Witz and others, I found this PDF on measles and it's different than what you have stated. Just thought I'd add it to the discussion. It's a vaccine advocacy group in St. Paul, MN.
It says that measles cannot be contracted more than once. And that incubation is approx 3-4 days.
http://www.immunize.org/catg.d/p4209.pdf

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I HAD measles, mumps and rubella just before the MMR vaccine became available. I was hospitalized with pneumonia and have a 40% hearing loss in one ear due to the measles.

When I was in Germany and the time came to return statieside, I got hassled by the Army and the US Consulate because my "shot record" didn't include the MMR and I didn't have medical records to prove I had had the actual diseases.

I wound up having titres run. Those titres and titres run about 5 year ago show that I still have active antibodies against MMR.

However, the Whooping Cough (Pertussis) vaccine given in childhood is only good for about ten years. If you have not had your vaccines updated, please do so.

I am due to have my DPT updated in April when I see my doctor next and fully plan on doing so. Pertussis is a nasty illness in adults and worse, can be lethal to those suffering from suppressed immune systems or respiratory impairment such as Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).

In addition, it is deadly to infants too young to be vaccinated and dependent upon herd immunity to keep them safe.

susiestar

Roll With It
I have had chicken pox twice and have NO antibodies to it. I started to have symptoms of 3 serious chronic illnesses right after the second case of chicken pox, which was VERY serious, painful, and horrible. My idiot doctor actually popped one of the early pox and also got them - he told us they were zits and it was okay to pop them. I have a permanent scar from the one he popped right on my upper chest.

My kids had to have the chicken pox vaccine because a 3rd case would likely kill me. Each case is worse than the last because my body is hypersensitive to it. I refuse to EVER babysit an unvaccinated child to the point that I refused to change my niece's diapers hwen her idiot nurse mother wanted to not vaccinate her. I gave her a week to find a new sitter after that decision. Then no sitter or daycare would take her and the school insists on the vaccine here or you cannot attend.

My kids have to have all dead virus vaccines because of my immune system and my mother's. When wiz was a baby polio was only given via live vaccine except in rare cases. We had to go through the health dept because they were the only ones who could get the dead version. Doctors couldn't even purchase it. Then that live virus version was stopped because so many people were getting polio that it was a legal liability.

We don't do the HPV vaccine. period. J had a dangerous reaction and was sick for almost ten days. wiz and thank you did not have it because of her reaction - the docs said they were likely to react to it the way she did. I have heard a lot of people here have had bad reactions.

The hep vaccines, all of them, are required here. Your kids cannot go to school if they do not have them, period. You can claim religious exemption, but you still cannot send them to school if you don't vaccinate. The Mennonites here don't get the vaccines and they don't go to our schools for that reason. It is their choice, but our schools make it clear that it isn't negotiable.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I am not vaccinated against HPV. I have only had two partners, and due to being a DES baby (my mother was given DES through pregnancy to prevent miscarriage) I've had abnormal pap smears from the get-go. I just get checked yearly, and so far everything is fine.

What was very scary for us was that as husband's illness progressed he lost the ability to produce antibodies to diseases he had been vaccinated against, or had actually been infected with before he became ill. In addition, he could not be vaccinated.

Depending on herd immunity is VERY scary especially as this was at the start of the whole vaccine/autism hullaballoo.