Parole Hearing for Sex Offender tomorrow

Star*

call 911........call 911
Jo,

Your post brought so many memories flooding back for me - I can't imagine what it was like for your daughter. Today I call her daughter because difficult child - not really what she was today. She was a scared little girl, who has done some amazing things with her life despite this mess - and what I see is a young woman who came to the table, with nothing but her feelings and was victorious in putting him BACK in the DUNGEON where he belongs.

If he truly found God, he'd have been a lot more ashamed of himself. Men like this don't change. They just find other victims willing to hear their manipulative stories and run another game on an unsuspecting life.

They can't give them the death penalty, but I think castration would go a LONG way to solving THE ENTIRE problem.

Please tell your daughter from me - that I admire her courage. It took a lot of guts to stand only 5 feet from her attacker and tell him he was wrong, and how she felt. Bravo kid - BRAVO.

DammitJanet

It does take a huge amount of courage to face your attacker. I had to do it when I was 18 in a courtroom. I dont know anything about parole because by that time I had left the state or back then they simply didnt involve victims.

I am very proud of your daughter. Has she been involved in any counseling for victims of sexual assault? That really might be the thing that turns her around.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
It does take a huge amount of courage to face your attacker. I had to do it when I was 18 in a courtroom. I dont know anything about parole because by that time I had left the state or back then they simply didnt involve victims.

I am very proud of your daughter. Has she been involved in any counseling for victims of sexual assault? That really might be the thing that turns her around.

Janet, she's been in counseling with 3 different counselors since the assault. She refuses to talk about it. It's been explained to her that holding it all in or pretending it never happened could hold her back in many ways...that it would be best if she did talk about it. I think that on some level she feels responsible for how things went down and that may be why she doesn't want to look too closely, Know what I mean?? Also, they explained to her that she suffers from PSTD and that working through the memories and nightmares will help that as well. She has not been interested at all. I am going to speak with her tonight to see if she's interested now. I think being there yesterday and seeing him and having to acknowledge to herself that it really happened and was not just some horrible dream she concocted has rattled her. And she doesn't want to talk with me about it since there are some details we do not know - she has never divulged everything that happened that day to us or anyone, not even in the police report. Scary. I don't want to be the one she works this out with anyway - I'd really love for her to see a professional to help her work through everything with. I want to be supportive and hold her hand, but I can't be her therapist.

DammitJanet

Jo...I can understand her feelings...I really can. I was kidnapped at knife point with my girlfriend when I was 18...but...we were hitchhiking. Her mom stood up in court and blamed me publicly and told everyone that it was all my fault and that I even planned it! Trust me, I tried everything in my power to keep those guys from raping her daughter including begging them both to just rape me and let her go. Didnt work.

There is a book out that I used in my survivors workshop called The Courage to Heal. It also has a workbook. Now you can use this on your own or you can do this with a therapist or in a group setting. Maybe for now she could just read the book. It has a lot to do with childhood sex abuse and she was still a child.

B

bran155

Sending {{{{HUGs}}}} for you and your daughter. She is very brave. I hope everything goes okay. I will keep you both in my prayers. God bless. :)